>>>>

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pennsylvania Meet & Greet!

Studio_April2014 065
No, this title doesn’t have anything to do with this first photo ---but I’ll get to that in a second!

Shamu is all loaded up and ready to hit the road for the wilds of Tennessee today!

Yes.  Back to Tennessee.

And then back to Kentucky after that!

I’ll be visiting with the Village Quilters of Loudon, TN for a few days of workshops, and then on Sunday I’m hoofing it up to Carrollton, Kentucky for the Kentucky Sewing Expo that is happening at General Butler State Resort Park!

I’ve packed THOSE two quilts…binding still hasn't happened.  Good grief!  Will they this trip? We shall see!

I’ve packed a machine and a couple of sewing project things for the free time I’ll have to sew with the gals at the Sewing Expo in between teaching day time workshops there.

I’ll return on Thursday, just in time for Easter weekend ---

And Now on the Pennsylvania Front!

Spring Quilt Market is being held in Pittsburgh, PA this year.  I know that doesn’t apply to most of you because it’s a wholesale trade show, but BECAUSE Quilt Market IS being held in Pittsburgh this year, it is bringing to Pennsylvania a whole global wealth of Quilting personalities!

And this is where YOU come in.  If you live in the Pennsylvania area, you can travel to BEDFORD, PA to the home of Mary’s Quilt Shop, owned by antique quilt aficionado and fabric designer extraordinaire, Mary Koval!

And you can meet THESE ladies at a special meet and greet:

MaryKoval1 

You can meet Karen Styles, Luella Doss, Leonie Bateman and Deirde Bond, Lisa Debee Schiller, and Lynette Anderson!

This is a really special opportunity that won’t come around often as several of these talented ladies are from Australia.  Come show them some American Hospitality!

AND along with meeting this court of Quilty Goddesses, there are REFRESHMENTS!

Pass the word on to your quilt guilds and bees and other quilty friends so you can carpool in.  Contact Mary’s Quilt Shop at the email address in the flyer above for more info.

I wish I could be there, but I’m teaching in Southern California during these dates, but I’ll be up at Mary’s in June for a fun weekend of workshops then!

In other news.

The 10 more cases of books did not make it to my doorstep last night, so I am having to leave town with some orders not being filled.  I will get them filled as quickly as I can upon my return home, which is going to be Easter Sunday.  I apologize, and hope you will be patient with me!

So last evening, no book order filling to do – I took a walk in my neighborhood.

Studio_April2014 062

Look at this amazing sky!

The willow trees are leafing out, and the grass is turning greener! YAY!

Studio_April2014 064

Forsythia in bloom!

Studio_April2014 066

And I treadled!

I’ll be in touch from on the road –enjoy your Wednesday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

8 comments:

  1. OHH Bonnie - I have been invited as a guest to the Village Quilters on Friday!!! Drive safe, and hope you brought a lot of your newest book with you... want to get mine Friday!!!!

    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:35 AM EDT

    Hi Bonnie - Mother and I are headed to QM in Pittsburgh next month. Would love to meet up with you there and do dinner or something. We are staying at the Westin.

    Carole D
    Altoona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie,
    My daughter lived in Bedford PA for a year so I'm familiar with the shop you mentioned! I wish I could be there!
    Come to MN sometime :-)

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got my book! I am thrilled!!!!!:))) the happy dance isn't enough to the way I feel about having your new book. Can't wait to decide what pattern to do first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to let you know that I got my book today. Thanks ever so much. It's wonderful. Have a good trip. Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly have packing Shamu down to a science!!! Have a blast on your travels and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agent Nana10:01 AM EDT

    Looking forward to meeting you at the Sewing Expo! Love your blog. Can't wait to see what great projects you have loaded in Shamu. Always an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynette Anderson is AWESOME - she is from just near me and know her well. She designs beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)