>>>>

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Happy April!

Studio_April2014 003
Happy April, everyone!

I am hoping the projected LOVELY forcast that we have here in North Carolina is NOT some kind of April Fools prank.  It’s supposed to be gorgeous…ALL WEEK!

You can see here that I did finally get the Wonky Wishes quilt loaded in the machine.

I had been toying with the idea of piecing a batting for it out of leftover hunks and chunks, but decided that I can do that easier on baby quilts than I can on a full size quilt like this one – this measures 80” X 95” so it’s pretty big.

Besides, I wanted to get to the fun part – the quilting!

Studio_April2014 001

Just on my first row here – loving it so far!

Studio_April2014 002

Can you see the quilting?  Lots of swirls and curls!

I’m using a light gold colored thread, it is blending through everything just right.

Studio_April2014 004

I love WEIRD fabric combos!
Here we have some civil war and traditional florals next to aqua “cow spots” and one of Tonya’s zombies.  LOL!!

Studio_April2014 005

Loads of “Memory” fabrics in here too!

The center of this star was acquired when Jason was about a year old.  I was working at the art and craft supply store in Ontario Oregon while the DH was back in school.  I made shop displays, and this was a scrap from a baby quilt I made as a shop display.  My son is now 30!

I’ll resume the quilting tonight after today’s mail order load is done – books are still shipping, and book orders are still coming in!  Another 10 cases of books (there are 30 books in a case) are due to arrive on my door step today.  If you missed what all THAT excitement is about – click HERE!



aprilfools1

And Now for some FUN! This is hot off the presses from Alex Anderson--

Her hubby John sent  me a heads up message a couple of days ago, just to be SURE you got a chance to see this wonderful informative video on The Quilt Show’s Blog – The Daily Blog.

You have GOT to go view it by clicking HERE!

Be sure to leave a comment over there and let them know that Bonnie sent you!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

38 comments:

  1. The video is such a surprise. Fun Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt looks great! I love how you have taken time to enjoy finishing this one.
    The video was hilarious, I had to watch it twice as I didn't get it and thought I had missed something! I'm known as pretty gullible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got me! I thought it was cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I use that method on all most all of my quilts.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Put me in the slow lane. Had to think about the video a bit before I caught on! I'll bet John put her up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your wonky wishes quilt...I am working on one now...need to do more cutting this morning though. I like that you took so many close up pics of your quilt...it was like another lesson on what I can call a neutral...I struggle with that one just a bit and have been feeling like I've been using the same ones over and over. Love the quilting...have to admit I have long arm envy. I'll be fold quilting this one your way just for that! Grins and arm punch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:31 AM EDT

    And Apri Fool to you too!! hehehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Folded quilting..ha ha...It's a cousin to "quilting by checkbook". Happy April Fools Day! Hope you're able to get outside for awhile today and enjoy your beautiful weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was funny! Thanks for sending us there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay, zombie apocalypse! quilt looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tish in Ontario10:54 AM EDT

    Fold quilting is a very quick and easy technique. I quilt twice as fast by using a double needle in my machine.



    ReplyDelete
  12. ?. I must be dumber than a doorknob.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Old quilter11:24 AM EDT

    Best April Fool in many a year !
    Thanks for sharing -

    ReplyDelete
  14. So had me! Sitting with paper and pen ready to take notes, wondering how in just over a two minute video Alex is going to show me this life changing technique. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it, since I am the unfolder.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bugga! Sucked in! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing the video--it's hilarious! And I really love the wonky stars quilt. Pieced backings are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, I should have known. Alex got me last year too. I am so gullible.

    ReplyDelete
  19. HA HA!!!..Glad you didn't piece the batting,it is coming along nicely. Lender/ender that batting another day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ok!!I just got an email from APQ that says isn't no joke...your sewing space can be organized....don't want to click on it...hate being suckered twice...LOL!!! sounds like a joke to me LOL!
    These responses are hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL I have known about this type of quilting for years now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. Funny! When she grabbed the box, I knew where this April Fool's joke was headed. Cute! I'm certainly grateful for "folded quilting", because I've been on the receiving end for 18 years now! Allison in Plano, TX

    ReplyDelete
  23. I kept wondering as to how the heck she was going to quilt that like that and then...she got me! Too funny - a good one! Thanks, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  24. BONNIE K HUNTER YOU LITTLE IMP!!!! Got me, I really thought someone had the brains, maybe, to find a way I personally could machine quilt. DRATS :)
    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  25. Totally sucked in, happy April Fool's Day, hope your Wonky Wishes Quilt turns out great, the top looks wonderful already!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am telling you LMBO not until the video ended so suddenly did I realize the joke.Happy April fools day and happy quilting. I do all my quilting on my domestic Janome 77 . It takes time but it does get done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous7:14 PM EDT

    Oh ya, I fell for it....lol

    ReplyDelete
  28. That was too funny. Enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOL! You got me good with that one! Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Alex got me last year with the 'unsewer' software for her sewing machine, and now she got me again! rofl.
    Good fun for April Fools.
    carolyn
    mylady@nbnet.nb.ca

    ReplyDelete
  31. Had me going there for a minute. So funny.
    Wouldn't it be great...
    Happy April Fool's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I walked right up that yellow brick road sure as life itself! LOL Bonnie, you are a baaaaaaaaaaaad girl! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  33. Watched the video, made me laugh, so had to have daughter watch it, she watched it twice....She looked over at me and said, Is that how you quilt? I don't get it? Made me love just that much more........

    ReplyDelete
  34. My mailman would have driven away.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Bazzinga, as Sheldon would say. Alex did that whole thing with a straight face. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hey I've been doing that for YEARS.
    We all knew Alex was smart right?

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)