>>>>

Monday, April 14, 2014

Evening Sit & Sew at Sew Expo!

KY_Apr2014 075
We had a great time –can you imagine? Over 80 quilters gathered in one place for a sit n sew evening of fun!

I thought I might just bring that danged Wonky Wishes quilt to bind, but I didn’t sew a single stitch.

It was too much fun wandering the room meeting everyone, reacquainting myself with those I had met other places---the energy level was high and the excitement for days of sewing non-stop palpable!

While wandering the room I snapped a few photos….I hope you can see what a great time we’ll be having here at General Butler State Resort park with the UK extension service Sew Expo.

KY_Apr2014 067

Who’s having fun? WE ARE!

KY_Apr2014 068

Who wants to sew all night?  WE DO!

KY_Apr2014 069

Who is hiding chocolate?  WE ALL ARE!

KY_Apr2014 070

Who has more fabric in their car than they can sew in two days?  WE DO!

KY_Apr2014 071

Who is making new friends, and strengthening old friendships?  WE ARE!

KY_Apr2014 073

Anita brought her old UFO---My Blue Heaven!

KY_Apr2014 074

There is an Ocean Waves in progress in yummy batiks and neutrals!

KY_Apr2014 076

I petted the 301 baby that was busy making Happily Scrappily Irish from Adventures with Leaders & Enders!

KY_Apr2014 077

This Easy Street from MORE Adventures with Leaders & Enders was getting bound ---

KY_Apr2014 080

While THIS Easy Street was finally assembled into a top!

Show us how that Quilter’s Yoga is done, girl!

Tomorrow will be a full day --- we are starting out with a Hidden Spools workshop, ((With 50 students!!!!)) and I’ll give my presentation after the banquet tomorrow evening.

As for me now…I think the only thing I’m good for tonight is to pull the paper off of paper pieced flying geese….and maybe….get some early shut eye, and dream quilty dreams.  I know I’m going to need my energy tomorrow!

Night, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

5 comments:

  1. You're having so much fun! I love to see it. Makes me wish I was there. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to agree with thequiltersshed. Great to read your blog and your enthusiasm is most infectious! You make me smile. Thanks
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like FUN! What year did you make your Ocean Waves? I have a bunch of 1 1/2" HST's just begging to be used. Thanks for sharing photos of the fun you are sharing with all of the quilters' there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to chuckle at Anita's picture (working on My Blue Heaven). She is dressed to match her quilt! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your posts, Bonnie! Your energy and enthusiasm jump off the page - or should I say screen? Your captions under the photos are brilliant. Love all the sewing on view here but the Ocean Waves blocks are marvellous, such lovely colours that the neutrals show off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)