>>>>

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Scrappy Trips & VCQ!

VCQ_Apr2014 045
We had a great day yesterday, and the scraps were so varied!

And it’s been a fun easy-paced respite for me too ----my classes this weekend are Scrappy Trips and Basketweave Strings, which is up on deck today, no specialty ruler tutorials, no fussing or mussing about perfection – it’s a perfect way to sew together and have a really great time.

It was interesting hearing where these meager scraps found their beginning, some coming from grandmother’s stashes, or from the “Deep Stash” of a quilter friend who had passed on --- our memories are still connected to them through the print on the fabric.  Our memories are deeply rooted, and those loved ones were present with us yesterday.

Of course we had several featherweights in class…these friends are from Fredericksburg, VA and I will be visiting their guild in June, happy it won’t be long until I see them again.  They've been a ton of fun.

Oh, and a funny --

Every evening there are little goodies and gifts at our dining room tables – last night we received fabric “fortune cookies” with sayings in them.  I loved mine…LOL!

VCQ_Apr2014 083

“It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others!”  LOL!!

Our presentation last night was given by Pat Speth – I have her photos coming up in a not-so-distant future post, be watching for that! She is a treat, and we really ARE cut from the same scrappy cloth.

My students got a ton done, come check it out!

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.
\
Scrappy Trips, VCQ April 2014


It's just about breakfast time and our day is really to roll off into a big start.

Tonight is my lecture, all about string quilts!  I've brought some great quilts to share, including some antique ones that inspire my love of all things stringy.  I'm looking forward to sharing this passion for string quilts with everyone at VCQ

Have a great Saturday, Everyone!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

11 comments:

  1. I love the Scrappy Trips! I scored big on batiks this week and I think I may take a scrappy trip with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny - MN Quilter8:22 AM EDT

    Bonnie - I knew from the start that you and Pat would become scrappy buddies for life! Enjoy your time together, scrapping around the world and beyond. Best Wishes to everyone and all who get to enjoy their time with you both. Quilt - On!! from Minnesota!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone looks as though they are having a great time. Lots of color everywhere. I am so envious of all the ladies who take your classes.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrappy trips are great! How do you usually quilt your scrappy trips, any tips and tricks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once more --- the wonderful things quilters and colors do with patterns!!!! Love this idea... ok, yet another on my to-make list! AKA 'someday'

    Smiles, Juliein TN

    ReplyDelete
  6. My blood pressure is needing help...every time you go somewhere there is another quilt I want to make!!! I feel like I'm falling behind and need to frantically go down and sew! I was studying this layout and had to go check out your instructions...ah ha!...the tube and the ripper are the trick...can not wait to start this one. Am still finishing my wonky wishes starts...they are sooo pretty...I love them!! :)
    Keep having fun...thanks for the updates...love love to see what everyone is making!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonky STARS I meant...hope you can decipher my wonky typing! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scrappy Trips is my first Bonnie quilt. Last year one of my quilt groups decided to do a monthly scrap exchange. A friend recommended that I check out your website. Needless to say, I was instantly hooked. I have 11 blocks done and every block is unique, no repeated fabrics. I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay, strings! wish I could see that trunk show!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:02 PM EDT

    Can someone share the "How to Make the Fortune Cookie"?? I am hosting a retreat and would love to make some for favors for my girls. Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anony.....google fabric fortune cookies...lots of suggestions. Moda Bake shop has one.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)