>>>>

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Invasion of the Quilt-Kind!

quiltcam9pm3
First off I need to send out a loud reminder that there IS QUILT-CAM tonight at 9pm EST.

Now that it is light later, some of you on the east coast may find yourself still up and about for it, and I hope you’ll join us!

I plan to be stitching on a binding ((And maybe a hanging sleeve and a label)) during this time – if I get that job done, I’ll switch to some string piecing to keep working on the border units for my cheddar sampler.

What will you bring to sew on?

I’m getting ready to pack up and leave for Williamsburg in the morning.

Cases of books and class supplies are already in the back of Shamu.

All that is left is to repack the trunk show to now include some of the NEW quilts from my NEW Book!\

Studio_April2014 029

As I was getting ready to unzip and re-shuffle, I giggled to myself.  This scene is very reminiscent of a movie that gave me the heebie jeebies back in about 1978: Invasion of the Body Snatchers!

Are there pod people in my living room??

Seriously – That movie kept me from sleeping for several nights in a row.  I was 16 or 17 at the time.  Still gives me the creeps!

But these bags are full of good stuff….and I want to add MORE good stuff to it:

Studio_April2014 030

It’s just a matter of which ones!

Williamsburg, VA will be my first venue sharing the new book, MORE Adventures with Leaders & Enders ---and with each new book the trunk show changes accordingly ---

It’s hard to choose!

See you tonight at 9pm, that’s about 3 hours from the time I’m hitting send on this post!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

22 comments:

  1. I like your quilt cam reminder picture.
    See you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to it. I will be dialing you in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be there! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking forward to quilt cam...wish I could be in Williamsburg to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will also be there, hand sewing a binding on a baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just caught your post before Im finally of to bed, at 1.26 am here..
    Enjoy Quilt-cam.I'm sure to catch you on the archived one.
    Love from Holland, Ria.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So if I am in the Mountain time zone right now, I think that means 7pm here. I will just start checking from 6pm on. Very confusing when not at home. Thanks for the reminder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be there. Working on a quilt using all half square triangles. So many different patterns to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do I access Quilt Cam? would love to join in tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm browsing e-bay and different second-hand websites looking at vintage sewing machines and spare parts I need to repair mine.
    Checking Quiltville now and then because i'm always confused about time zones. It's 2:00 am here right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am taming my scraps thanks to your organized scrap user system. Would love to win a copy of your awesome new book and Quiltmaker magazine. Hope go see you in San Diego in October. Thanks for sharing your creativity and generosity.
    Yvonne
    mamadyson48@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathi is joining you tonight from Gainesville, Virginia (I love Williamsburg!). I will be working on Dear Jane blocks for the two DJ quilts I am sewing. One is traditional fabrics and one is with modern brights. I have a Scrap Users question...Do you keep shirt pieces separate from the other strips and squares?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great quilt cam tonight - thanks! Love your wonky wishes quilt. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. loved quilt cam tonight. just think your new friends last weekend didn't know they were out with a celebrity. Wait til they find out! squeellll

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love to watch quilt cam.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed your quiltcam tonight and was happy to see that we use the same binding technique... when I do them. It seems like a long time since I have FINISHED a project. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Bonnie. The photo of your stack of folded quilts on the loveseat gave me a thought. You've so generously shared peeks at your stash, your scrap bins, etc. Would you be willing to do a post sometime on how/where you store your folded quilts when they're not in the 'body bags'? I remember a photo you posted quite some time ago of a vertical stack of your folded quilts, but you've added a lot more big quilts since then. What's your system for keeping big, bulky stacks of quilts under control? Thanks! Leah

    ReplyDelete
  18. These quilts are all beautiful. Lucky folks who get to see them in person! Can't wait to see your book.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Try the storage bags that you suck the air out of. You could take more, much more!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Quilt cam was LAST NIGHT?! Oh, grrrrr -- I am thinking of putting quilts in a show in June and would have loved to see you making your sleeves!
    Love your quilts and your spirit of life and sharing, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah, now we know how you finish so many quilts so quickly! You have alien pods at your house, replicating their DNA! Mwahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love watching your quilt cam, even though I usually have to catch it the next day. I spent my time cutting scraps up using your scrap user system.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)