>>>>

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Show & Share in Bedford, Day 2!

Day 1 I included the Show & Share photos in with the slide show of class photos – but day 2 had enough content for a post all its own!

Show & Share at the end of our lunch break is such a great way to  be inspired, and to get to know the stories behind the quilts the ladies are sharing. 

I never know what they will bring and I am always excited when they bring quilts they have made from my designs --

This is one quarter of an Easy Street – perfect size for a wall, a table, a grand child!

She did such a great job!  for those of you who missed Easy Street, it is making an appearance in my next book due out this spring, so be watching!

PA_July2013 220

A pair of beauties!

PA_July2013 221

Lovely yellows!

This pair of quilts is completely identical….and here is a little tidbit for you – I f you can find a pair of quilts, keep the pair together!  They are worth much more as a documented pair, than as singles going their separate ways.  Mary Koval quizzed me on the dating of this little ditzy calico ---and the answer is 1940-1950!  By the 1960s and 70’s the yellow of the day was much more bright, glaring and in your face bold!  This softer butterscotch calico tells us it is earlier than 1960, but later than 1930.  Sweet hand quilting on these…this quiltmaker knew what she was doing.

PA_July2013 222

Hexagons in progress!

PA_July2013 193

More hexagons in progress!

PA_July2013 223

Batik trip around the world….Gorgeous!!

PA_July2013 225

Charity’s Rectangle Wrangle she made for her son ---
((Found in Scraps & Shirttails II))

PA_July2013 228

A close up of the fabrics ---it was so sweet, she got so emotional as she was telling us that her son’s boy scout uniforms and other articles of clothing he had grown out of as a child are included in this quilt that will go off with him to college this fall.  By the end of her telling us the story of this quilt, we were all choked up.  So much of our life, love, hopes and fears and sewn in to the quilts we gift away ---

PA_July2013 229

Charity’s Roll Roll Cotton Boll!  ((Found in String Fling))

PA_July2013 230

Charity is a busy girl!  Here is her Easy Street – love these colors!

PA_July2013 232

Antique beauty – triangles galore!

Really sweet story behind this quilt ---our quilter loved the quilt when she saw it, she thought it was too much money, her hubby went back and bought it for her anyway!  This is so AWESOME!  I had to get up close and personal with the triangles:

PA_July2013 233

Fabrics from the late 1800s to the early 1900s.

PA_July2013 234

Love that block with the strips and plaids going every which direction.  FUN!!

Each block is a 6 X 6 setting for a 36 unit block that finishes about 6”.

PA_July2013 235

More love!!  Wouldn’t this make a great Leader & Ender project!

PA_July2013 236

She made a mini to match!

((sorry it’s a bit blurry, I was SO EXCITED!))

PA_July2013 237

Another antique top with really great fabrics in it--

PA_July2013 238

LOVE THIS COMBO!!

It makes me want to take my Kaffe Fassett fabrics that I’ve never cut into..and mix them with the recycled plaids and stripes I love so much.  Wouldn’t that be fun?

PA_July2013 240

Jared Takes a Wife---with a twist!

This version was done in a quilt-as-you-go manner, block by block and joined by sashings front and back…and then the borders were added in the same method so it was easy to handle through the whole process.

Take a look at the back:

PA_July2013 242

Back side – SCRAPPILY RANDOM!

What a great way to use up stash on the back too!

PA_July2013 243

WOW!  WOW! WOW WOW! WOW!!
Little log cabin blocks sewn from 1” strips ---scrappy everything, and so dynamic!

PA_July2013 244

Close up of one corner ---

This was such a delight to see!  And just think – since our Leader & Ender Split 9-patch challenge this year can be arranged in ANY log cabin layout –you could do this with your Split 9-patch blocks too!

I want to thank the ladies for bringing in their show & share – I know it makes more to haul, but everyone sure enjoyed the sharing of ideas and inspiration.  After seeing all of this eye candy we were racing back to our machines to go sew some more!

It’s my last day in Bedford – my laundry is running, I’ll be packing up my car by this evening so I can head out to Hershey tomorrow morning –it’s been a great week, and I can’t wait to come back again next time.


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

6 comments:

  1. My oh my! I love them all! I especially love the Jared takes a wife. I am making wedding quilts and have had that pattern and quilt as you go, on my mind a lot lately. I really need to study up on QAYG since quilting a king size on my sewing machine will be NO fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane,
      There are a lot of blogs with QAYG, mine included. www.katydidart.net And, thank you, that is my Jared takes a wife and I love it, too!

      Delete
  2. I had a wonderful 2 days of classes. Met some wonderful women. If you have the chance to take any of bonnie's you will have a really good time

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY! Such glorious quilts and tops. Bonnie, see what you have inspired? :) Charity must be a day and night quilter - the no sleep type lol. Her quilts are amazing.

    Thanks for sharing these with us
    Smiles,
    JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the BEST show and share you have posted in a long time. The triangles, triangles, triangles is my favorite, but, truly, they are ALL my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous quilts, Bonnie! I LOVE that antique triangles quilt! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)