>>>>

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday Show & Share!

I Saved SUNDAY for the Sunday Best Quiltworks Girls!

They sent these photos a while ago, and I saved them for just the right day --- TODAY!

Linda Hayes sent in the photos and they are all so cute. I’ll let her be the voice while I just post the pictures!

She writes:

Hi Bonnie,
I just have to share this with you.  A couple of weeks ago about a dozen of us met at our local quilt shop, Sunday Best Quiltworks in Ellerslie, Ga. 
We pooled all of our 2 1/2" strips and used the Scrappy Trips Around the World pattern to make quilts for a local battered women's shelter.  Our local "machine guy" Lafayette, even brought us lunch!
 
scrappytripsgroup4
 
We came up with three color ways - brights for any child, browns-blues-greens for boys, and a combo of pinks and greens for the Moms. 
 
scrappytripsgroup2

By splitting into three groups, we left that day with the majority of the pieces to finish the quilts. 

scrappytripsgroup5

One of the ladies, Karen, had her groups' pieces assembled and quilted in two days!

scrappytripsgroup3

Thanks for all of your great patterns, but especially this one that was such fun to make and so successful!
Linda Hayes


This just fills my heart.  This is why we do what we do!  We get so much more back when we give ----no matter how much you give!

Thank you ladies for your valiant effort in making lives better for those around you. 

Scrappy Trips of course can be found under the free patterns tab at the top of the blog.  Have YOU made a Scrappy Trips quilt yet? They ARE addicting!

I should be back home tonight!

Remember, we are drawing for the fabric goodie bags I posted about on Wednesday HERE.  If you haven’t left a comment there – go do so!  Someone is going to win, it may as well be you!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!



14 comments:

  1. Love these quilts, awesome group of ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful group of women, and a great shop to provide space and encouragement! Way to go, ladies! Thanks for sharing, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm saving strips for a Scrappy Trip, but haven't gotten to it yet! Seeing these pictures makes me want to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 99% of ALL quilters are "Givers" by nature - I am sure of this! What a wonderful group of ladies. The quilts they have made will wrap women in kindness and love, and say "you are not alone".

    Thanks Bonnie for posting these today.
    JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea these ladies accomplished! Wonderful quilts that will hopefully cheer and comfort someone soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are gorgeous. We had a little class on these last Monday and will post pictures of all the blocks when the girls bring them in to our guild meeting at the end of the month. Such a fun block and so addicting. Will have to share this post with our Community Chair to think about making a few of these for our community quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:21 PM EDT

    scrappies are my favorite and your site is just full of ideas. I have the stash to make them, but not enough lifetimes to make them all, sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the finishing borders of the completed one hanging on the wall in the first photo. I have made a top but was waiting to decide what to do with the borders...and now I think I know! Well done you girls. Wouldn't you love to see the faces of those precious kids when they receive a quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peggy Snyder12:34 AM EDT

    I really love the scrappy trip pattern. I plan on making that one soon,sometime this year. I do think that pattern makes for good donation quilts. When us quilters make donation quilts I truly believe we feel better about ourselves.
    Thanks,
    Peggy S
    craftypeg@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow-what lovely colors they all chose. Bonnie- I've been following you just this year and so enjoy your blog. This post makes me finally want to try a scrappy quilt! Thanks so much to everyone. mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous9:02 AM EDT

    you have so much enthusiasm,that we all take with us.My mind is always in overdrive with ideas

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have made two of these scrappy trip quilts. One I started as a way to use up some leftover strips from Easy Street. I found a bunch more to go with them and I made a lime green, purple and white/black one. I love it and I just last week gave it to a special friend who is battling breast cancer. She is having a very rough time and I thought the quilt would cheer her up a little.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilts. Look like fun to make

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)