>>>>

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saturday Show & Share!

As you all know, I’m up at our mountain cabin retreating for a couple days while waiting for some fix it’s to happen…so this weekend I have stacked the blog with show and share to keep you inspired!

I love the photos you send in, and I love sharing them…so if you have a quilt you have finished from any of my designs, please send me an email with a photo attached!

Sandie C is a woman of few words!

Her email says simply:

I just finished this. Sandie in Maine
What did she finish?  Take a look!

SandiC1

Sandie’s Smith Mountain Morning!

Sandy used Oranges and Blues where I used Brows and Blues…and I love how her quilt turned out with the additional borders to enlarge it.

Smith Mountain Morning is found in Scraps & Shirttails II!

Now this one…I could have cropped the feet out..but I love quilts with feet, so they had to stay!

kathyh1

Kathie H’s Dancing Nines!!

She was very quick on making this one as I just uploaded the pattern for Dancing Nines on the day I flew to Ireland!  You can find it under the Free Patterns Tab at the top of the blog.

She writes:

Hi Bonnie,
I was making blocks of your dancing nines quilt just for fun but suddenly needed a quilt for my nephew's adopted baby girl.  A pink border and quilted hearts with pink thread made it a girl quilt. 
Thanks for the great idea.  Made with 2" leaders & Enders and 2" sashing.
Kathie H
Pittsburgh
I had the privilege of staying with Kathie when I taught for the Three Rivers quilt guild a few years back…fun lady, and a great quilter!  Don’t you love the quilting on this one? 

Next up is Tracy’s Easy Street!

Easy Stree Mystery Quilt December 2012
LOVE the colors she chose!

She writes:

Dear Bonnie,
I just took a photo of my finished quilt top of "Easy Street"  this morning and wanted to share it with you.  I want to give you a huge thank you for all of your wonderful scrappy patterns. 
My version of "Easy Street" is now ready for the quilt frame, still debating on the border :-) . I am currently working on your BOM from Quiltmaker's Magazine and enjoying every month.
I have been following your blog for many years and have enjoyed every pattern and book you have provided.  You are quite an inspiration! Happy Quilting and have a wonderful Summer!
Take Care,
Tracy



Tracy, this is spectacular!  What a fun quilt to look at!

Next up!  A special quilt from a special lady I also met while teaching in Pennsylvania!

Marlyn was visiting from Israel when I met her and we hit it off big time!

marlyn2

Marlyn’s Bow-Dacious!

She writes:

Hello and Shalom dear Bonnie,
Felt I just had to send you some photos of how my Bowdacious quilt came out  (BTW the label on the back acknowledges you and when I heard and saw you  lecturing near Brummel (Pennsylvania) last October.) I could not believe how  many pieces there were (around 3,000) and I did not make it the Leaders and Enders way. 
Some of it was strip pieced but hundreds and hundreds were those little 1 1/2" pieces that I cut from little scraps I'd been saving or scraps people were throwing out. I am absolutely THRILLED with it and wish I had a place to hang it up. It's the first time that I've used a light-colored border - don't you think it's great?
I'm now working hard on Rick-Rack-Nines and will send you a photo on completion. My plan is to make several scrap quilts and then start talking about them to other quilters or beginners and encourage them NEVER to throw away fabric.
I wish I had more time to make many more of your quilts that I admire, though I have made several others already from your Quiltville site. All gifted away......
With all good wishes,Marlyn in Israel

I don’t know about you, but I think the best quilts ARE the ones that are gifted away because they are with with our hands, quilted with our hearts, and given in love!

Thanks Ladies for sharing the photos and the stories of your quilts with me…..they are BEAUTIFUL!

Let’s see…if this is Saturday ((Setting this to post ahead of course))  That means that the Hubster should be on his way up to the cabin after his tennis match and we will get busy on doing some things around the cabin that we need to do.

Let’s hope I’ve stayed out of the chiggers!

Let’s also hope it didn’t rain the entire time….

And let’s hope that I got a WHOLE LOTTA sewing done by the time I arrive home Sunday night!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Weekend up there! You must be thrilled with your new place..I am sewing away on the 2.5 x 8.5 paper foundations scrappy blocks--just loving this...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these quilts ... I always get such inspiration from seeing other people's quilts! Like Marlyn, I just put a light colored border on a quilt, and I'm surprised how much I like it. Hope you avoid the chiggers -they're the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the pictures Bonnie, I especially love Kathie H’s Dancing Nines, I love all the colors on a white background.
    Have a great weekend at your mountain retreat, hope the fix-its go well and fast so you can have more time to enjoy the remainder of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of those are spectacular! Already raining this morning in Louisburg :( Oh well gives me more time to quilt less time to work in the yard. I purchased Scraps and Shirtails I and it is supposed to arrive today yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you're waiting for repair people you will no doubt get time to do plenty of sewing. :)

    We could use some rain here. Supposed to be hot again today and with the wind it just sucks the moisture out of the ground. I'm just thankful it hasn't been as dry & hot as last year. I don't think I'll ever complain about rain again.

    Love the pictures of the quilts...I can always use some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Bonnie, for sharing my quilt. I was so surprised to see it this morning :-) Thanks again! Love all of the inspiration! Happy Quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love show and tell! Thank-you to everyone that shares their marvellous creations with us.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)