>>>>

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Stars, Stars & More Stars in Bedford!

They came from all over….many not knowing anyone until they arrived and were greeted ---I love it when Quilters road trip their way to distant corners, their cars and totes filled to the brim with everything they need for a weekend of power sewing.

Along with their fabrics, notions, tools,  ott-lights, personal fans for personal summers, beverages, snacks, cameras leader & ender projects, and various containers to organize all of the above, they brought their smiles,their energy, and passion for what we do……sew and sew and sew!

They also brought their vintage ladies ---and we had quite a variety in class yesterday!

PA_July2013 142

Mocha 301 A!

PA_July2013 143

1950s 401A! 
This one was found free, dumped at the curb!

PA_July2013 145

Several featherweight sweeties, little workhorses putting the pieces together for decades!

Click the image below if you can’t view the slide show on your mobile device –you may want to visit your nearest real computer to see these photos full size.  IT’s worth it!
Star Gazing, Bedford PA 2013

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

11 comments:

  1. It must feel great to have everyone bring quilts they have already made from your patterns! It shows just how prolific your influence in the quilting community is, and that has to be rewarding! And, of course, everyone looks like they are having lots of fun. What's not to love? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see pictures of one of these classes I wish I could be with them. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get a spot in one of your classes in Australia 2016! Will have to fly in from Perth but if I can get a spot I will be there. can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun, food and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please explain how the light on the featherweight works, Bonnie?? Is it a small flashlight? Thanks, Cindy in NY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too hope to be in one of your workshops next year. I see your calendar shows you to be @Friendship Quilters in Poway, CA in Oct 2014. I have now marked it on my calendar...will be there!!
    Love your description of "personal summers" for the ladies bringing their personal fans =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! The show and tell was awesome! Thanks for all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tell us more about the light attached to the Featherweight! It looks like it would be magnetized? Neat! Where do I get one?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto to everything above. Plus, I saw in the first picture, the ladies double stacked their chairs. How darn clever!!! We're always too low when we sew at a standard table. Glad I saw that tip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bonnie -- 6 weeks ago we moved from IL to AL. My new sewing room is almost set up, but I need advise on storing the scraps. Do you go ahead and trim them? If you do, how? Then do you store them by size of strip or by color? My space here is very nice but much smaller than I had in IL. I am anxious to finish getting the house set up so that I can begin sewing again. I am going to help an 18 yr old granddaughter make herself a t-shirt quilt of our own design. I think it is going to turn out great. But I do need to work on my scrap pile! Nancy: rangerer@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so great to see the variety of choices people are making and the great machines. I made this quilt and it is one of my faves- we had it for a block of the month in a Guild and I could not stop till I had a whole quilt's worth! Thanks Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! Awesome pictures. I am floored about the light hanging from the Featherweight. It looks perfect. How did she do it!?????

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)