>>>>

Friday, July 26, 2013

Pfeffernüsse in Hershey, Day One!


For those who are still wondering just WHAT a Pfeffernüsse is, it’s a delightful spice cookie, often made around the holidays, my favorite in all its yumminess!

The browns used for the string blocks in this quilt remind me of all the different spices that combine together to make this little delicacy ---though while here in Hershey it takes on another flavor as chocolate rules the day!

Not everyone was sewing with reds and browns though, we had quite a few going their own color ways, and I love to see that --- it also makes the slide show that much more fun to see.

Things that make my heart pound with possibilities? 

Full totes of strings like this:

xxx

This is the BEFORE class shot ---
You should have seen what it looked like at the end of the day! LOL!

Hershey_PA2013 114

Yellow and Grey!  BEAUTIFUL!

Hershey_PA2013 036

Pfeffernüsse is found in my book String Fling, and its one of my favorites!  Since class was over, I hauled it up to my room and slept under it last night --- so much better than hotel bedding, don’t you think?


 If you can’t view the slide show on your mobile device, click the link below to go directly to the photo album – of course they are best viewed on a real computer :c)  These gals got a TON accomplished!
Pfeffernüsse class one, Hershey, PA 2013

Today is my CRAZY DAY! Not sure how it will all work out, but I have a Basket Weave half day class this morning, this afternoon is my lecture at the afternoon tea, and tonight is round about ---I've got big duffles of quilts to move from my car to the big room where around 200 are registered for the tea lecture. And boxes of books for both the lecture and the round about ---

If there was ever a day I needed to channel the Energizer Bunny, this is it!



Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

7 comments:

  1. I tried to make Pfeffernuse once but it went brick hard on me. Guess I didn't "season" it properly after I baked it. I sure do love the spicey taste of it though. Will have to try it again and the quilt also......I know that won't go brick hard!!! But I'd better start collecting some browns. That's not one of the colors I use very often. lol Gotta get out of the box I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Pfeffernuse info. I thought it had something to do with food, but that was the extent of my knowledge! I love seeing this quilt sewn in so many different vibrant colorways. It looks lovely in every pic! So do the quilters. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the brown and plum/purple combination! Not what I would expect but it looks really well together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the cookie sounds great - I know I have a recipe for it someplace. Looks like you are having fun no matter where you go - I envy you being so at ease meeting new people so often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a beautiful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:17 AM EDT

    I worked as a contractor in Az for 4 months last summer and I took along my favorite lap quilt for 'home'. Turned out that I lived in a hotel the entire time (v. the furnished apt that was the originial plan). Everynight I slept under that quilt instead of the hotel bedding. Best thing EVER!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)