>>>>

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Tulsa Oklahoma and Quilts!

20150322_124620
Headed into downtown Tulsa!

Just look at that blue blue sky!

I hadn’t seen the sun for days so it was awfully nice to spend part of Sunday under some Tulsa sunshine before heading to the airport.

I learned things that I didn’t know ---Tulsa was native territory, and a small spot on the road, until the oil boom happened.

I enjoyed my a nickle drive-by tour of downtown Tulsa, and I thought I would share these great photos with you while interspersing them with the Show & Share photos from Saturday’s workshop.

The best of both worlds…oh look!  A building!  Look!  A quilt!  It will keep your attention that way..hahaha!


20150321_125658

Lazy Sunday from MORE Adventures with Leaders & Enders  just needing borders!  Great job!

20150322_124826

I love the art deco style mixed with the modern!  Great sky line!

20150321_125749

Star Gazing from Scraps & Shirttails!

20150322_124958

Tulsa World since 1905 – newspaper!

20150321_125837

Jamestown Landing in Red, White & Blue in progress!

20150322_125106

Bok Center, or Bank of Oklahoma Center!

A 19,199-seat multi-purpose arena and a primary indoor sports and event venue.

20150321_125922

Easy Street from MORE Adventures with Leaders & Enders!  Nice!

20150322_125139

A Modern sky line!

20150321_125229

Signature quilt!

20150322_125622

And of course, This Land is Your Land!

Golden Driller!

And you’ve never really been to Tulsa until you’ve driven past the fair grounds and seen for yourself the Golden Driller!  Look to the bottom left of the photo…there are people walking.  They come up to the hem of his pants, maybe.  Ha!

Thank you for your hospitality, Tulsa!

It was my first Oklahoma visit, but it surely won’t be my last.

We held Quilt-Cam last night!  Did you catch it?  You’ll find the feed in last evening’s blog post, or by clicking the Quilt-Cam tab at the top of the blog where they are all archived!  I went H block crazy, and am making good progress.

This morning I’m running away to the cabin – just Sadie Jane and me.  The Hubster is in Phoenix, Jeff is working ---and I really want to be up there so as soon as I hit send on this I am packing a bag and heading out.  I’ll be back Thursday afternoon.

Catch you from there!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

5 comments:

  1. I hear the wind howling outside this AM. I hope your weather is more moderate as you drive to Quiltvilla. Have fun power stitching. Will Mona come over, I bet she has missed you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed quilt cam last night.
    Going to watch it this afternoon. Yah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the interspersed pics! It definitely kept my interest in both. Have a great time at the cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you've just a create a beautiful quilt and that was a nice place in the photo..
    Informative URL for Leviton For Sale

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors in the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)