>>>>

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Tumelo Trail, Windham Style!

20150328_151753
Give quilters a chance to paw through pre-cut and gifted strips ready to sew into their projects and a whole lot of fun ensues!

We spent yesterday in Windham, Maine in a Tumelo Trail workshop, chatting, laughing, and filling the rest of our time with a whole lot of stitching!

It was fun reconnecting with quilters I’d met a couple of years ago when I was here teaching for the State guild, and even some I’d seen at other venues in the northeast --

Quilters are always ready for a scrappin’ good time!
If this quilt looks like it takes way too much work and a whole lot of small tiny finicky pieces, think again!

The 9 patches are strip pieced, and fixing your seam allowance so things measure correctly will ensure that this quilt goes together lickity-split!

2015-03-28 10.05.24

It’s 9 patches and half square triangles with loads of scrappy charm!

You’ll find Tumalo Trail in my book Scraps & Shirttails II!

2015-03-28 10.05.32

Loads of recycled plaids in here too!

20150328_145138

Loads of lovely vintage machinery in class too!  This one is Susan’s!

Lucky girl paid $20.00 for this baby and lots and lots of elbow grease to get it cleaned up and purring like a kitten.  Her talented hubby made the wooden extension table for her….smooth as silk, the fabric just glides over it.  She is a lucky lady!

2015-03-28 10.19.22

A $20 craigslist find!

I’m not kidding!

If you are in search of a vintage baby to call your own, don’t give up hope!  They are out there! 

20150328_145932

Mother and daughter duo dynamos –Katy and Suzy!

So great spending time with these girls.

maryboston1

Mary from Boston!!  Couldn’t we be sisters??

Okay…so I had a snafu with my photos last night, and I don’t know what happened between my camera and my laptop, but I lost quite a few and I am so bummed!  I lost all of the show and share photos, so girls – if you brought quilts for show and share, would you please PLEASE do me a favor and get photos of your quilts to me by Wednesday??  I really want to share them, they deserve to be seen-- you all did such a fabulous job! 

Hopefullly I’ll do better today!

2015-03-28 10.33.59

Oh, and if you can see it in this photo….yes, it was SNOWING!  Can you see the flakes coming down??  Hello, Spring?! Please make a house call in Maine!

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Tumalo Trail, Windham ME 2015



Today we’ve got Talkin’ Turkey from String Fling up on deck – bring it on, I’m ready!!

Love from Maine --

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

3 comments:

  1. Where in Windham? My daughter (sadly, a non-quilter), lives on the outskirts of Windham. I became a loyal customer & supporter of the local quilt shops during my 3-month visit last summer. I'm so very sorry about the loss of or your priceless photos. 😔

    Karren; geckos42@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where in Windham? My daughter (sadly, a non-quilter), lives on the outskirts of Windham. I became a loyal customer & supporter of the local quilt shops during my 3-month visit last summer. I'm so very sorry about the loss of or your priceless photos. 😔

    Karren; geckos42@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, yesterday's post, with the "whoops" in the title and the photo of the quilter with the heavily bandaged hand had me thinking the whoops involved a trip to the emergency room! Thankfully, that wasn't the case.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)