>>>>

Sunday, March 01, 2015

Cathedral Stars All Day in Tampa!

image1
Rain Rain Rain!

Fall if you may ---

The Cypress Creek Quilters ---

Are Quilting ALL DAY!

Thank heavens the library we were meeting at has a covered front entry so we could unload all of our boxes and bags and totes full of stuff in dry covered comfort ---no one had to sew with wet fabric!

Yesterday’s class was an all time favorite –Cathedral Stars.

Such a great Scrap Buster – 4 patches, half square triangles and tri recs units….fun with rulers, new to some, and some fine tuning for others made for a great day.

It really was a global event, our class room was highly represented by the Canadian Contingency!  Hooray!  I’m not sure on all the provinces, but I do know we had Ontario and Nova Scotia in the house.  I don’t blame them for escaping to Florida during the winter one bit.  I’m awfully glad to be escaping here myself!

20150228_123010-1

I understand these two have some mighty jealous friends left at home!

This is the “rubbing it in!” photo! Ha!

20150228_145918-1

We went from Ladder blocks ---

20150228_111649

Terri’s Leaders & Enders!  1.5” finished 9 patches!!

20150228_160606

To Stars!

20150228_162244

And started setting them together!

It was an awesome day.  Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Cathedral Stars, Tampa FL 2015



You can find the free pattern for Cathedral Stars under the Free Patterns tab at the top of the blog.

20150228_195443

My night last night!

I was able to finish up the LAST of the Lozenges with black corners.  I want to see this top finished!  Especially since Eveyln brought hers for show & share!  It’s fabulous!  That post is coming, so be watching for it….I’m grateful for the loaner featherweight here in my room!

20150301_083120

Out Walking!

I was out the door about 7:30 this morning for a long walk.  It would be really easy to get sucked into computer work and I wanted to take care of some steps first.    It’s GORGEOUS out!

Our workshop doesn’t start until 1pm today, so I’ll be doing Virgina Bound with a new group of quilters from 1pm to 7pm.

And whatever we do for dinner I *NEED* to be back here by 9pm to watch the Downton Abbey Season Finale!  I just can’t miss it!

And someone please tell those in charge of the British shows – their seasons are just NOT LONG ENOUGH.  It’s too hard to wait for the next season.  Seriously!

Have an awesome Sunday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

7 comments:

  1. Love all the quilts in progress. Love your walk as mine this morning was in cloudy skies and ground soaked by recent snow. They say that spring comes every year and I hope they are right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Singer 15 is lovely and shiny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Cathedral Stsrs quilt. Will start saving 2 inch squares. Also love my new Jansjo light from IKEA. Am making a Narranggaset Blues quilt. Just have to finish border and then put it together. Lots of four patches there!!! J Leupold. Jebleup@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course, as I live in the UK I have already seen all the episodes, but I wondered if you also get to see the 'special' episodes as well, like the Christmas one?
    Enjoy the rest of your time in Florida :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your class photos prove we can smile, laugh and even giggle while we pieced blocks... looks like so much fun.

    Great day here...actually could leave the house without that white stuff coming down...

    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathedral Stars is on my to-do list - but it will be in a planned scrappy colorway. I love Downton but I 'cheated'. Santa promised me the DVD set for Christmas, which wasn't released until the end of January. Amazon shipped it immediately. Though I didn't have time to start watching until two weeks ago - in a semi marathon session - I couldn't take the delay of watching it on TV! I agree - too short of seasons for this program!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilts, the blocks, and how you are such a supporter of all those various Vintage Sewing Machines.... AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)