>>>>

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Showing & Sharing in Stillwater, OK!

20150318_123440
There was a whole lot of sharing going on in our workshop day in Stillwater, Oklahoma yesterday!

So many quilters said “We didn’t know or we would have brought something!”

My reply?  If every one of all 50 of us brought quilts to share, we’d NEVER get back to sewing!

Still, those in the know who have read me for a while understand that I love show & share at the end of our lunch breaks.  It gives us a chance to get to know one another – where we are from, what guild we belong to, and a chance to show our stuff with the quilts we have made!

If you are coming to one of my workshops in the future, your show & share quilt is always welcome.  You don’t need an invite, just bring it!

This one is Roll Roll Cotton Boll, made when it was a mystery a few years back.  Isn’t it lovely?  You can now find the pattern for Roll Roll Cotton Boll in my book String Fling.

20150318_123548

Orca Bay from String Fling!

20150318_123618

We had SEVERAL Grand Illusions, each one different!

20150318_123954

Another lovely one!

20150318_124335

And this one too!

20150318_124413

And this one under way!

20150318_123704

Boxy Stars from the Free Patterns tab!
20150318_123737

A brights on black Star Struck also from the Free Patterns tab!

20150318_124026

A variation on Bowdacious from Adventures with Leaders & Enders
This is Liz of the New Home Treadle machine!

20150318_124226

Easy Street from MORE Adventures with Leaders & Enders made an appearance!

20150318_124535

Also from Adventures with Leaders & Enders – Blue Ridge Beauty!

And what a Beauty it is!

As always, I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing any vintage tops from your collection come out to play.  Check out this bow tie variation:

20150318_124121

How cool is this!!

20150318_124134

Great 1940s fabrics!

This one came down through the family in a very round about way ---so happy it landed with this quilter who just adores it.  I do too!  I’ve never seen a bow tie in this configuration!

Thank you for all of the lovely show & share you brought.  Such inspiration!

I’m inspired to go sew something ---aren’t you??


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

4 comments:

  1. I am loving that bow tie variation. I have never seen it before.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you are so close to me. I live in Edmond. I missed my chance to meet you. And me with no kids or hubby this weekend. Hopefully someday. Thank you for keeping me company all day today with quiltcam. It was on four 4.5 hours while I fixed and restored some of my treadles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting bow tie quilt - very cool! I still have about 500 bow tie blocks in the closet that are yelling at me to make them into a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me and the GIMQ. As a new quilter, I was a little intimidated initially to try the Grand Illusion. I am so glad that I did. I have learned so much from your project. Thank you so much for giving us so much of yourself. Cathy Whitby, fauxcat@yahoo.wom

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)