>>>>

Saturday, March 07, 2015

Crumbs Day One at Country Crossroads!

20150306_103435
This group is good for what ails me!

You know, when you are hopped up on meds – decongestants, antibiotics, and all manner of loopy making concoctions, perfection is the one thing we don’t need to deal with!

How perfect that these two days at Country Crossroads Quilt Shop would be all about improvisational piecing and working with crumbs, scraps and strips?

And a whole lot of sharing going on!

Shop owners Lynn and Bob have been in Orange Park for eons.  If you are in the area, you MUST make a visit – you will find yourself right at home and feel like family.


The class room fit a comfortable 16 of us plus some helper angels and we had a great day.

And I thank my students for being patient with my lack of voice!

After all, crumb piecing is best learned by watching, not by listening anyhow….and I had a great group of waters, who were ready to become do-ers!

20150306_140025

The right side of the room showing off their blocks!

20150306_140041

The left side, not to be out done, holding them high!

20150306_102651

Busy as little bees, they all are!

Basic crumb units, maverick stars, wonky hearts, and an intro to pieced letters are the gateway to many many fun projects to come.

20150306_133751

Happy Crabbies in Florida!

20150306_142417

Check out all of the fun happening in here!

20150306_154536-1

My thanks to shop owner Lynn for booking this 4 years ago!

I hope it won’t be another 4 years until we can do it again.

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Crumbs! Orange Park, FL 2015



Update:

Steroids 15 hours later:  I forgot how steroids can keep you awake at night.  And they do funny things to your tummy…..like – how did I get so bloated so quickly???!?  I feel like I need to be wearing a moomoo.

I don’t care –the ear pressure is much less, and I can actually tell a difference over night.  Let’s hope that this continues.

It’s another Crumbs, Crumbs, Crumbs workshop today –it will be easy and fun.  Even my voice feels like it is on the verge of coming back and that is a good thing.

Tomorrow is completely a rest day as we travel down to Camp Weed in Live Oak, Florida where I will be teaching at a retreat for the Ladies of the Lake Quilt Guild. I just know it will be a good and easy time, no stress, loads of rest, and this ear will have a chance to heal before I have to fly home the night of the 11th.

It’s all good.  I can’t fly home with it this bulging, so it is a good thing that I just take it as easy as I can, rest when I can, and allow the meds to do their thing so I can fly home when I am scheduled to.

Thanks for all the well wishes, keep that positive quilt energy coming my way!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

16 comments:

  1. Bonnie, when you fly home you might get some “Ear Plane” ear plugs at a drug store. I was sick a couple of weeks ago
    and had to fly to see family and I used them. My ears still hurt but chewing gum with plugs might work better than just plugs alone. I did not have gum. I saw several people on the plane wearing them. I felt like crying with the babies on the plane. I know their ears were hurting as well. Last week had rotator cuff surgery and three days later had fluids in both ears. I got the steroids and no sleep last either. I got the flu Christmas day and it has weakened me, but I continue going to work until surgery, now I am at home. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you continue to see improvement with all the meds you are taking and are able to have fun at your workshops and visiting with all the quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:14 AM EST

    The Lady of the Lake girls are so excited to see you ! Camp Weed will be a good place for to to 'regroup'. See you in a few days ! Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are starting to feel better, Bonnie! You don't deserve to feel so miserable! You are always keeping us "up" and happy...... you go girl!
    Love, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:08 AM EST

    I'd consider renting a car and driving home.

    Feel better!

    -Melinda E. in Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, I feel for you being so sick and away from home. We all appreciate how hard you work to always make the best of things in spite of the circumstances that may come up. I hope you find yourself feeling better soon! Take care, and wishing you rest and safe travels home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been making my first crumb blocks this week. It's something I didn't think I would ever do, but now I'm hooked! Thank you for the inspiration!
    I'm glad you have more time to feel better before you fly. Even on a good day flying is hard on the ears. I hope you are feeling the well wishes of thousands of quilters all over the world!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I checked your blog as soon as I could just to see how you are feeling. I am so glad to see you are finally getting some relief with your drugs. And even though you are feeling poorly you still are teaching me new stuff. I didn't know steroids effected sleep or about the bloating. i continue to wish you feel better ,eat what you can when you can and drink drink drink hot cold water tea juice what ever tastes and feels good to you will help you to feel better and help your body repair its self

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping with the many that meds and rest are healing you and your ears. Have had many ear problems and certainly sympathize. Eat your yogurt, too! Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. I commend you for soldiering on! Get better fast.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently had to take a course of steroids too. They sure DO affect sleep don't they. My doc warned me to take them as early in the day as possible for a chance at sleep. :-). So happy you're feeling better.
    The crumbs look like fun. Always happy looking students in your classes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had double ear infections a couple years ago and ended up taking consecutive courses of steroids. On top of all the 'normal' side effects, half way through the second course, when I was able to get to sleep, I started having hot flashes, waking up soaking wet. It was awful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda S.7:00 AM EDT

    So glad you are feeling better. Before you fly, you might want to check with a medical provider about using Afrin nasal spray as the plane begins its descent before the final approach. It can help unblock ears and prevent an ear block that can be painful and last for days. This is not usually needed during and after take-off but definitely on descent. Just a tip from an old flight nurse.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous5:04 PM EDT

    I made the mistake of flying with an upper respiratory infection... Bad Decision - right ear stopped up for 6 weeks. Not good.

    The next time I had flown to Dayton Ohio, by the time I had landed I was sicker than a dog with upper respiratory. Missed most of my conferences. I had to rent a car and drive from Ohio back to Washington DC.

    So be very careful. I agree - see a doctor before flying home.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  15. I see my friend, Gayle, in the pictures. She was so lucky to get into your class. Can't wait for her to tell me how much fun she had. I will share with her my experience at the lecture for Cypress Creek Quilt guild I was able to attend and see Bonnie in our hotel. Your the best Bonnie!
    Mona from Melbourne, FL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just thought I would let you know your book "String Fling" is available on Amazon for $999.11
    and that is not a TYPO...

    Suzann
    suzquilt@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)