>>>>

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Oklahoma ---OK!

2015-03-17 07.26.41
It was a beautiful day for flying!

This was the sunrise over the tarmac at the airport in Greensboro this morning ---

Just look at that sky!

I am so happy for spring – even if it means that it is dark a bit longer I the mornings.  When that sun comes up it is just BEAUTIFUL!

I was eager to get to my destination ---Tulsa, Oklahoma!  Here I come!


Things were uneventful all the way to Atlanta, and wonder of wonders – I didn’t even have to switch terminals during my layover.

This is a very good sign!

And so is this:

2015-03-17 08.03.57

Luggage made it!

It always does me good to see those big green bags making their way up the conveyor belt to the inside of the plane.  Luggage that stays with me keeps me happy!

And so does this:

2015-03-17 10.20.51

Hexies and Audio book – and a first class bump up!

I just finished The Potato Factory by Bryce Courtenay.  What a great story teller he was!  And a fabulous narrator as well.  I have another trilogy of his I want to listen to next, but somehow only part 3 got loaded onto the ipod…..so I’m now listening to a Sandra Brown novel instead.

I was met at the airport by Judy and we gathered up my luggage and headed out –Judy and I were meeting up with Debbie for a surprise:

2015-03-17 13.11.22

Lunch at the Gilcrease Museum!

This was the lovely view out of the window at the restaurant on the presmises.  I never would have thought that Oklahoma would be so hilly in these parts..and spring is springing!

2015-03-17 12.35.13

Beautiful statue in the entrance drive.

it was so fun to be able to walk through the galleries in the museum and see this lovely bit of culture just outside the city.  I would have taken more photos, but photography wasn’t allowed in the museum.  Suffice it to say that I learned more about bronze casting than I ever could have imagined ---fascinating!

2015-03-17 14.52.51

Downtown Tulsa in the distance –see the pink tree blooming??

2015-03-17 15.35.28

This is an Oklahoma Highway!

2015-03-17 15.11.29

And there is water – lots of water!

2015-03-17 17.29.29

My lodgings for the next two nights!

I am now in Stillwater, for a My Blue Heaven workshop with the Cimmaron Valley Quilters guild.  Two of my classmates are here at the B&B with me – how fun to meet them!

We’ve got 50 quilters gathering for tomorrow’s workshop ---and since I’ve been up since 5am NC time, it’s going to be an early night with some hexies in my room.

All is well in the land where the corn is as high as an elephant’s eye, according to the song.

I’ll catch you tomorrow!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

16 comments:

  1. Talk about a small world. I learned how to quilt in Tulsa. We moved to IL a few years later. My son went to college in Stillwater for a while, and will be getting married there in May. Eat at Joe's! (Eskimo Joe's). You might even need a t-shirt from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:46 PM EDT

    Yes, you really need an Eskimo Joe t-shirt. It is a Stillwater tradition.
    Cathy in Kasas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, that pink blooming tree at the Gilcrease is the state tree, a Redbud. Love the way it blooms on all the limbs as well as the usual way. I'm an OKIE living in SE Kansas and not too far from Tulsa. I should have made arrangements to be at Tulsa. I'll learn to read your schedule in the future and not miss a chance to hear you speak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was at that museum a couple years ago - beautiful place and the grounds are beautiful too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:21 PM EDT

    Bonnie, if you get the chance, return to the Gilcrease in summer for the full on floral gardens. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Potato Factory is such a great book. You will have to follow up with Tommo and Hawk....what a fabulous writer Bryce Courtenay is. So glad to hear others enjoy him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you loved Bryce Courtney's books.

    If you want to read something completely heart wrenching, try his 'April Fool's Day' - a beautifully written, poignant heartbreaker.

    I'm glad you're feeling better, it's horrid when we are sick and even worse when we have to be 'on show', and can't curl up in a hole at home!

    All the best

    Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to Oklahoma! You got here just in time for the blooming of the Bradford pears in Stillwater.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to Oklahoma! Of course, I'm at the other end of it, down on the south edge on the way to Dallas! Spring has definitely sprung here- we even have some asparagus coming up! Stillwater's a great town. Graduated from OSU a "few" years ago....LOL Have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the travelog photos of Oklahoma, I've never seen our midwest so it's fascinating to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:26 AM EDT

    Oklahoma is home to the 5 Civilized Native American Tribes. Hubby is Choctaw and their area is in the 10 1/2 counties of Southeastern Oklahoma. I love the State and the people of Oklahoma. Especially the Choctaws! The Kiamichi Mountains are something to see in Oklahoma. Enjoy the time there. People are absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's nice and hilly and wet on the easy side of the state....we are still so dry out here in the western half!
    Have fun in my state.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great view you had!
    Safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree about wonderful people in Oklahoma....my daughter has lived there for 10 years and I always say the nicest people you ever will meet live in that state! I love OK this time of year, those beautiful pink blooming trees, the Redbud, are gorgeous as they line the streets! Have a great visit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If those baggage handlers only knew the thousands of folks all over the world that can recognize those duffels of quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm an Okie, raised in Northwest Oklahoma. Since we live in Mississippi now, we drive right down that same highway 2 or 3 times a year to visit my parents and siblings. Makes me lonesome for Spring in Oklahoma!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)