>>>>

Sunday, March 08, 2015

Crumbing Away at Country Crossroads -- Day Two

20150307_123456

It was a bright sunny morning in Orange Park, Florida!

This is the front door of the Country Crossroads Quilt Shop ---and you know you are welcome here just by this sign you see!

We.  Speak.  Quilt!

Oh, yes, we do!

Just take one step inside -- just one step -- and you are pulled into a world of possibilities.

A Quilter's Candy Store of delights -- you won't want to leave!

They aren't kidding when they say they are the Friendliest Quilt Shop in Florida!


20150307_123507

You can’t miss the shop – just look for the white picket fence!

20150307_123517

And you just might find some valentines that made me smile!

I admit, I was in such a fog the first day ((And it was windy and cold ))  that I didn’t notice the sweet welcome messages on the fence until I went outside in the sunshine yesterday to get some photos. I had assumed they were just valentine hearts --little did I know!  Awwwww!  It was definitely a day for feeling better!

20150307_095329

Bolts and bolts of lusciousness!

20150307_095344

Country Crossroads is a cozy shop with lots to see!

20150307_095356

So many fabric choices!

20150307_095424

Loads of samples and things to touch!

20150307_095606

Around every corner!

20150307_095743

Love this foxy quilt!

And yes, I have to admit I did some fiber therapy here.  There is so much variety!  If you are in the Orange Park, Florida area, come on in and tell them Bonnie sent you!

20150307_163814

Contact info!

20150306_140025

Back in our class room—this was going on!

20150307_143136-1

And loads of this!

20150307_153425

And a whole lot of LOL!!

20150307_153254

Such happy scrappy blocks!

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Crumbs, Group Two! Orange Park, FL 2015



20150307_170307

After workshop dinner – Whitey’s Fish Camp!

20150307_170635

You just can’t do Florida without a Fish Camp experience!

20150307_190322

My evening sew-along!

I am just about ready to start assembling rows on my Lozenge quilt.  Hopefully there will be loads of time at the retreat in Live Oak with the Ladies of the Lake Quilt Guild coming up!  We’ll have our class time during the day, but in the evening, I am free to sew and play along with the girls, and I just know it is going to be SO MUCH FUN!

((However, sewing along to Scott Bakula in my hotel room was not so shabby either!))

These colorful daisies were waiting for me when I checked in ---they have brightened my room my entire stay and I have loved their tropical bright colors ---aren’t they fun?

It’s a Sunday for moving on.  I’m packing up as soon as I hit send on this and will catch you from the road ---

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!

7 comments:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and learning a new technique. Thank you for all you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For anyone in the area of Country Crossroads, could someone find out the name of the fox pattern is for me? My high school mascot was a fox and we have a class reunion that ends in a "0" coming up. I would love to make the quilt to help raise funds for the reunion.
    Please email me the name at pansylovr at yahoo dot com

    Bonnie, relax and let the meds do their work and try not to overdo it, now that you are beginning to feel better.
    Hugs,
    Anna in IL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are on the big road to recovery. Thank you for sharing your life with the rest of us. Rest up when you get home and have some tea.
    Robin In Leavenworth WA

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fox pattern is by Elizabeth Hartman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the info on the fox pattern,everyone! I ordered it and got the download. Now to collect the fabric!
    Anna in IL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the info on the Fox pattern! It is just too cute! I will have to stop in and see the Country Crossroads quilt shop the next time I visit my sister. She lives on Fleming Island!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I could lose my money in that shop. Looks totally awesome.

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)