>>>>

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Blue Heavening, All Day Long!

20150309_192346
Dogwoods are blooming in Florida!

It really has been heaven to be here --- so very low key, so very fun! 

We are offering 3 workshops while here at Camp Weed for our retreat with the Lady of the Lake Quilters ---

And they are eager and willing to try new things, diving in with the Easy Angle ruler and the Companion Angle ruler for yesterday’s My Blue Heaven workshop.

There are bins of scraps to dig from---discovered you didn’t bring enough variety to your liking?  Grab up a few strips, trade a few strips, bring it all together and let’s sew!

Of course, our walk from lodgings to sewing center is just lovely.

There is so much more to discover in Florida, than just BEACHES and Disney.

I am just about 50 miles south of the Georgia border, inland…and this is our view instead:

20150309_173118

Sandy dirt roads!

Nature!

Bliss!

20150309_172337-1

And yes, there is a whole lot of sewing going on!

20150309_155622-1

But the best part?  The Friendships!  The Relationships!

The sisterhood of the cloth!

And oh, how we love it SILLY!

20150309_153252-1

My new friends!

20150309_152310

Don’t they look like trouble makers?  HA!

20150309_113340

We are colorful in all ways!

1954 Singer185J from Canada.

20150309_115905

And we are classic beauties!

1950s 99k!

20150309_102935-1

And we know how to have a great time!

20150309_114821

It was definitely a My Blue Heaven Day!

You will find the free pattern for My Blue Heaven under the Free Patterns tab at the top of the blog.

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

My Blue Heaven, Camp Weed Day 1, Live Oak FL 2015



I wish I could say that I stayed up for the late night festivities last night ---but after a dinner walk I crawled into my jammies, did a bit of sewing in my room and then crawled into bed with a book.

Remember I had been up since 5am since the radio alarm in the next room went off unceremoniously – with no one in attendance in that empty room to turn it off. 

The meds, the time change, the getting over this ear infection is still wearing on me a bit and I wanted to rest my voice and my whole self for TODAY’S festivities….it’s a Cathedral Stars Day!

As soon as I hit send on this I will be joining the gals for breakfast in the dining hall and day 2 will officially be under way!

Stay tuned for more fun!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

11 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun. I wish I could be there for all the sewing fun and comraderie, but am enjoying it vicariously! So glad you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound as though you're feeling much better. Hope you are able to better enjoy you time with the Ladies--they look like a fun group!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie love your pictures of the dogwood trees. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. REST IS GOOD! Never ever have to apologize to anyone for resting.

    YUPPPPERS... there is SO much more to Florida than Disney, beaches and golf courses. There is a silent, softer and more natural Fla. that most folks never take time to see. Happy you have walked a sandy Pine trail ((((HUGS))))

    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would choose that view over an ocean view any day. Relax and enjoy! karenbrouillet@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like my kind of vacation and those look like my kind of people. I love dirt roads like those you photographed. Pure bliss. Are they doing it again next year? I want to come....seriously.
    Jspwarren at aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure it's just a typo, but since a lot of people are learning a lot about vintage machines from this blog, that teal Singer is a 285, the big sister of the 185. I used to have one just like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems that you are feeling better. So happy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, what fun! I can't wait to meet Bonnie at My Blue Heaven workshop next week in Stillwater, Oklahoma!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha I was going to be the mother and grandmother that I am and give advice or commands don't stay up show and go to bed your body needs rest to continue to heal
    But I held my self and didn't post that and look at you, smart young lady that you are
    You did the rest all on your own
    Too many of us want you to be well so you get too many opinions all well intended but too many
    Be well and have fun as you choose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:25 PM EDT

    I do hope you are getting rest - the quilt is so pretty.

    Because of you I just found a great Singer 401A.... Pristin condition. Maybe I need to name it Bonnie Brown!

    Enjoy and take care.

    doitrightquilter.wordpress.com
    Nanette

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)