>>>>

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Boxy Stars Before Home!

20150311_115616
I miss these smiles this morning!

Camp Weed wrapped up after lunch yesterday --

The machines were packed up,

The fabric was folded ((or crammed and stuffed!)) and put away.

Cords were wound.

Irons were cooled off.

Projects were piled ---

Wagons were loaded.

Bins and boxes and bags were set on top of rolling sewing chairs and wheeled out through the double doors, through the foyer and out to cars waiting in the parking lot with doors and trunks wide open to receive the “going home” contents.

But ---before all of that – we had a Half Day Boxy Star workshop to continue our fun and enjoy our last day with the Lady of the Lake Quilters Guild!

20150311_094318

Sew Many Colors, and Oh So Easy!

YOu can find the free pattern for Boxy Stars under the Free Patterns tab at the top of the blog.

20150311_114059

More fun visiting around the ironing stations – this is where all the GOOD laughter happens, you know!

20150311_100704

More digging into Stephanie’s tubs for more variety!

The more variety the better!

20150311_115437

Hold em high and check em out!

20150311_120510

Even Loretta was smiling by the end!  Ha!

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.
After the workshop was over, and all was packed ---Judi and Stephanie and I headed  EAST – to Jacksonville.  To the FedEx depot to mail home 3 boxes – two containing left over books and notions and workshop goodies..the third?  FABRIC and GIFTIES and FUN STUFF from my two weeks in Florida.  There was no way to pack it all in my suitcase for my return flights home.  Now I just have to wait two days for them to get here so I can rediscover what I shipped.

From there….a big drop off at the Jacksonville airport and I was soon on my way home.

20150311_194119

This got me from Jacksonville to Atlanta to Greensboro!

On the ipod:  Listening to The Potato Factory by Bryce Courtenay.  Goodness, what a great writer, and what a FABULOUS narrator!

20150311_231632

Welcome Home, Mama!!

Sadie was ready, eager and waiting and so excited when I came in the door.  Two weeks is a long time on the road.

Especially when not feeling the greatest.  I think I had a lot of determination and positive thinking to carry me through these past Florida venues – but now that I’m home.  I’m down for the count.  It’s going to take me a while to get past this sinus/ear infection bronchitis thing – it’s now settled in my chest.  Steroids are done, there are still a few days of antibiotic left.

Today I lay low.  I'll sip tea.  I’ll print out invoices and mailing labels for book orders that have come in ---they will all be shipped tomorrow, but I’m taking it EASY today.

I’ll nap.

And maybe just maybe….I’ll sew ----just a wee bit.


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

9 comments:

  1. Bonnie please take care of yourself. I had the flu and the respiratory bug. It lasted 4 weeks. I had a cough that just would not go away. Take care drink lots of water and tea with honey. Sleep a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to Sadie again, even though she's not smiling. Hope a few days rest will get you back on track again - get well soon. Loved viewing all your Florida photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sieg2@aol.com11:48 AM EDT

    in the airplane picture, what are you using to keep your supplies together. Thanks. Sieg2@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just know you must be exhausted, Bonnie! Rest and Sew, you must feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rest and let Sadie take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea to rest today, Bonnie. Looks like Sadie jane is giving you the "stink eye". That's what my sister calls it when she leaves and the dog is not happy with her!!! But of course they get over it. Hope your infection clears up soon!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:10 PM EDT

    Get well soon Bonnie! While you've been away, I've been watching archived Quilt-cam episodes and getting lots of sewing done.
    Melissa in TX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Boxy Stars!! One of my favorites! Rest up and get well Bonnie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome home, Bonnie. You've earned at least one day of rest and pampering. Tea and chicken soup should fix you right up again.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)