>>>>

Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Talkin’ Turkey in Tampa–All Day Long!

20150302_155846
Flocks of flying Geese!

Gaggles of String Blocks!

Oodles of neutrals and reds – or whatever color you have chosen.

Here I am with Patti, whom I first met on an email list serve for quilters  in 1997.  Were any of YOU on a group called Interquilt back in the day?

I first joined when The Hubster convinced me that we HAD to have internet at the house.  Dial up!  I didn’t think we did – I mean, what would I need to be on the internet for?

But when he showed me that there was Quilt Stuff “ONLINE” during a visit to his office---I finally relented.

And look at us now, 18 years later!
It was so good to see Patti and catch up with her and find out how things are going in her life down here in Florida.  Whenever I hear the term Purple Daisies, I think of Patti!

20150302_140203

Stringing away on a beautiful black 301 long bed!

20150302_121710-1

Prepping loads of flying geese to surround them!

20150302_160227

Pieces and parts ready to assemble!

We had such a fun day, each block turning out SO different!  I loved to see the swapping going on between my students as well – always fun to sew up someone else’s scraps in our blocks for more variety!

You will find the pattern for Talkin' Turkey in my book String Fling.

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Talkin' Turkey, Tampa FL 2015



I’ve laid low in my hotel room all day.  Sucking ice chips, gargling salt water, taking advil cold and sinus, napping when I can, sewing when I can’t.

I don’t know how many episodes of Law & Order I’ve watched today –but I think I’ll be fine tonight for my presentation in Tampa.

It’s been a great visit with the Cypress Creek Quilters – tomorrow morning, I am off to Orange Park!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

7 comments:

  1. Sure wish I could bring you some homemade chicken soup with rosemary in it! Can you at least get to a stupid-market to buy a box of broth to nuke in the hotel room? Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny to hear you mention Interquilt. I was on that list and it's when I first became acquainted with you! Amazing how things have grown with internet access!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try Claritin D 12hr. To dry up a sinus cold or post nasal drip. Get the good stuff you show your license for at the pharmacy and not the 24 hour- it doesn't last 24 hrs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie,
    I don't know if it works for sinus colds but for the run of the mill cold here is a remedy. You have to do it at the first sign of a cold, if you wait till your 12 hr into it, then it doesn't work.

    Take 1000mg of vitamin c every 4 hrs. for 2 days, then 500 mg for the third day. Your cold will never stand a chance. It really does work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you need my elderberry brew for your cold. Everything in it is anti-viral...anti-everything really, and it really does help. I find that Advil Cold & Sinus just isn't what it used to be when it had the good stuff in it. You still have to show your license when you buy it, but it just isn't the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, get better quick. I hope your back to your healthy self tomorrow.
    I LOVE the fall colored quilt being made = her colors are great. It makes me want to get out my scraps and start sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was on InterQuilt! Funny, it seems like a million years ago. I even went to an in-person meeting in Pennsylvania. It was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)