>>>>

Wednesday, October 08, 2014

Go Broncos!

20141008_080739
This is NOT my usual fabric style.

Honestly, it’s not!

This is a piece of backing fabric that arrived a few days ago while I was up at Quilt Villa --

It’s a special order for a special quilt.

My mom has the biggest heart ever.  And when she FINALLY took to quilting, there was no stopping the woman, she can quilt circles around me!  ((Her hexies have gone rampant and she even out hexies me!))

When I was in Idaho in May, she gave me a quilt top that she had made, as a gift for The Hubster because he breathes Boise State Broncos, and bleeds blue and orange.

When we were getting the new roof on our house a couple of years ago he had threatened to do the shingles blue and orange!

NOOOOOOOO!


Guess who’s license plate THIS is:



Yeah, it's like that around here!

At any rate, I told mom not to finish the quilt, that I could get it quilted for her, and there was room for just the top in my luggage ---and I came home with this:

20141008_080618

Mom’s up-do on my Denim Rails pattern from Scraps & Shirttails!

20141008_080649

She has also gone nuts with the string piecing, and having so much fun with it. 

Yes, the large orange squares are DENIM too!  Where she found orange denim, I have no idea..probably a thrift store!
Like Mother, Like Daughter!

20141008_080634


You can see where she has inserted little crumb blocks as well!
Denim doesn’t scare the girl!

20141008_080639

Blue & Orange all the way!

20141008_080705

SO CUTE!

So this little quilt ((It’s really not that little, it’s a good couch size!)) is in line for quilting and binding during my holiday break time.

I guess there is no delaying it farther…since the backing fabric is HERE.

What else can I say but ----


GO BRONCOS!

I’ve spent ALL AFTERNOON working on something extra special for tomorrow morning’s blog post and it is ready to go live when I leave for San Diego!

Don’t forget to come look for it!  It will knock your socks off!

I’m off to go pack up the trunk show and my suitcase and get to bed early ---Night!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

14 comments:

  1. Hope the hubster isn't peeking at your blog if that quilt is a surprise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Denver Broncos have orange and blue.as the team colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Big Blue!!
    What an awesome quilt! My hubby and I are both BSU alumni, we met there and eloped during finals week. What a way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful mother in law and wife combo !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Mother use to say she didn't want to be a MIL but a Mother by Love....and she must be MBL to your Hubster with that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What what what??? You're coming to my home town, San Diego?? Lucky us!! Wish I had known sooner....

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEA! My #2 Son and his boys love Boise State too. I thought this was your surprise. Will have to get up early for the post tomorrow. I'm headed to a Quilt Guild Retreat. I'm a MBL too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how often I see those Broncos when they come to town to play the USU Aggies. The fans show up in droves! : )
    (Go Aggies--do I dare say that here?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are such a tease!! Now I will have to look first thing tomorrow at your surprise. Love the quilt and the backing. We do softball at our house and a bit of baseball but no football. Glad you can help out your mom. Have a safe journey. K-

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an awesome quilt! I haven't seen that version of the Broncos' fabric, it's great, too!

    GO BRONCOS!!

    Connie - Boise, ID

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK OK you got me! Will check back tomorrow a.m. for the BIG REVEAL!! This is a great quilt, very heavy with all that denim, I'm thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. With the backing fabric and your mom's quilt top will make this an awesome quilt! She did a great job on her quilt top!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hubster has an awesome Mom In Law!
    Bleeding Blue & Orange is commonplace in our house too! Daughter #3 graduates from BSU in December and youngest son will be close on her heels! Daughter #2 has a pile of Bronco T's that she's begging to have made into a quilt and oldest daughter is married to a Colorado State grad so those games get interesting!
    What a great quilt to enjoy on game days! WOO HOO BSU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sherry Hayes3:40 PM EDT

    I am currently piecing a Carolina Crossroads in Blues and Oranges using some Auburn Tiger fabrics. War Eagle!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)