>>>>

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Road Trippin down the Mountain!

20141007_072845
This was the view about 7:05am this morning as I started loading Shamu.

It wasn’t long after this that the sky opened up and the rain began to fall.

Not a heavy rain, just a light drizzle that added the most amazing earthy aroma to the morning air.

I love mornings like this up on the mountain.

This morning I needed all of my work to be done by 8am due to a special visitor –All of the outside doors at the cabin are being replaced.  They are old metal doors –dinged and dented, warped and ugly.  They’ve had more paint jobs than I want to know about, and with colder weather coming I need  good energy efficient insulated doors, so we are ditching the metal ones for fiberglass.

The guy arrived right at 8am and wouldn’t you know it, it didn’t take him very long at all, and in fact he went so far as to tell me that we do not need new door jambs, it’s going to be a simple hang and weatherstrip job ---saving us over $1,000!

It’s not very often you will find an honest installer like that who isn’t out to make as much money off of you as they can.

 20141007_085922-1

A bit of morning binding!

Because the car was packed, and I was ready to go TOO SOON –I had a couple of hours to sit and work on this binding before heading down for my 12:00pm massage appt.  I needed to leave by 10:30am to get there in time…so what is a girl to do but stitch??  Criminal Minds on Netflix kept me company through a couple of episodes until I was ready to head out.

I tell you what – I needed that massage.  I think I treadled myself into a world of hurt over the past several days and everything was really locked up in my right QL area.

10665177_10152765842313909_5356763173457282563_n

New shoes time!

I hate shopping.  I especially hate clothes and shoe shopping, and I have been putting this off for so long, but after my hike the other day, and realizing that the soles of my running shoes had worn so thin that the tread was almost gone and I was feeling every rock as I walked the dirt roads, I decided it was time.  I made this purchase in about 5 minutes flat after trying on a few different brands.  Besides, what’s not to like about purple, aqua and silver gray??

I gave them a workout this evening with a test run around the neighborhood to see how things have changed over the past couple of weeks.

20141007_185637

Leaves EVERYWHERE!  Hello, Fall!

20141007_184742

Autumn Color in my neighborhood!

20141007_190158

My favorite gate

20141007_185125

And a beautiful sky as things quickly got darker!

It will be good to sleep in my “other” own bed tonight!

I think I’ll go curl up in my comfy spot and finish the rest of that binding ----


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

14 comments:

  1. Yea for an Honest workman. Love the new treads. Looking forward to some Binding time while I watch the Voice or Ncis tonight. I have just a small quilt that is on a deadline to be Blogged. I got my "Betsy" to finally do the quilting that I wanted on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to buy new shoes this summer too. I knew as soon as I put them on...just like slippers...and they are bright orange,teal with a little soft orange. Very bright!! Hope yours keep you getting your 10,000 steps a day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:03 PM EDT

    Bonnie, I recently found your website and blog. Just want to tell you that I absolutely love to read your blog everyday. Feel lonesome if you don't post something. And, I have so enjoyed your get-away trip to your cabin. The Blue Ridge Mtns are my favorite place in the USA!!! Especially in North Carolina!! I look forward to you and quiltville every day! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmother lived to 103, and her favorite word was "moderation" - which means NOT treadling all day for 3 days :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What brand did you? Love the nice round tote! Thank you, Vanya in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toe oh my goodness

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look like the same shoes I have. I love mine hope your's are as comfortable as mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hee! You needed those purple, aqua, and silver shoes when Easy Street was being released. Talk about dressing to match your quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HURRRRRAH for an honest repair person! They are out there, and we forget that!

    Like the shoes...but see nothing, as in NADA, of Sadie Jane. IS she hiding so to stay? Have a super quilting day!

    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness, guess I'm still asleep because my message doesn't seem to have gone thru. Wanted to tell you I appreciate the tour of Hearts to Holly, must get there! And...please-please-tell the brand of shoes you got, they
    Look nice and wide and I'm desperate for shoes that fit!
    Thanks,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always enjoy your fun posts and I especially liked seeing your Cheddar Sampler Quilt in a great place at the cabin. I bet it gets a good workout keeping toes warm in the mountains!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12:09 PM EDT

    Oh Bonnie, you do make me laugh. I thought I was the only one who hated shopping. I wonder what that is, but I can make decisions on clothes and shoes quicker than a wink. It's nice to know I'm not alone. Have a great trip. I'm looking forward to the mystery, it'll be my first. Jean from Wisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda S.4:19 PM EDT

    Love reading your blog too. I'm curious as to the make of the treadle machine in one of your Michigan pics. It looks just like the New Home that I inherited from my mother's aunt. I researched the history of my machine & was told that it was manufactured around 1900. What a treasure to have --- it still sews beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)