>>>>

Monday, October 13, 2014

San Diego Love Shack Day!

img1413140136830
It was a great day for gathering with the Friendship Quilters of San Diego, California along with friends and folks who had traveled in from far away places for a day working with strips and crumbs, pieces and parts!

We have visitors from as far away as Missouri and Maryland!

After all, when it comes down to running away from home for some Quilty Fun, you can’t do any better than a trip to beautiful San Diego.  The area is the home to many wonderful quilt shops, restaurants, parks, beaches and other fun wandering places.

This is my third trip to this area, and I hope it won’t be my last – it’s heaven!  Heaven with a bit of a drought, but still – Heaven!


20141012_120002-1

Shenanigans at the cutting table!

Remember to close those blades, ladies!

20141012_165408

Nadia had her gorgeous 301 in class..I got to sew on her!

20141012_165219

Such sweet ladies, and they did such great work!

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.
Love Shack, San Diego, CA 2014



Currently Love Shack is a “workshop only” design. Sometimes I’ve just got to keep something special for groups I teach.  With so much available under the free patterns tab, or in books, I can see why they appreciate something that not everyone can get. 

So for now at least, this pattern is only available as a class.  You can however find the houses, the hearts, the stars and the strings under the free patterns tab.  You can let your imagination fly and come up with your own variation!


Did you guys see “Buying Alaska??”

Look what Michelle found as she watched the episode on TV –a CELTIC SOLSTICE on the master bedroom bed!  HA!  Great eyes, Michelle!  I wish I had seen this episode!  Of course, I would want to skip the kitchen and go straight to the sewing room to see what that was like!  Thanks for sharing, Michelle!

After class yesterday we gathered up our stuff and headed down to Del Mar for a bit of beach walking, and some dinner.  Is there anything prettier than a southern california sunset?

20141012_180912

There she goes!

20141012_181817

And she’s gone!

Today is my double duty day.  Virginia Bound workshop all day long, followed by my presentation this evening for the Friendship Quilt Guild.  Bring it on! I'm ready!

And I did better this morning – I didn’t wake up until after 5am!  It’s progress!

Have a great Monday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

7 comments:

  1. Just so very awesome to see one of your Quilts on the Big Screen. Congrats and I sincerely hope your reach continues to expand,all your goodness is meant to be shared and appreciated.
    May,Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun to see it on TV! Yup, you will get adjusted to the time just about when you have to come home. But then, at least you are home to deal with the other end. And one direction is usually better than the other. When I fly 'home' to Hawai'i, it is the jet lag coming back to CT that is the worst for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:55 AM EDT

    The class was soooo much fun. Thank you Bonnie!! I have to find that episode to watch. The quilts we shared were so amazing. It's all because of your wonderful patterns and designs. Bonnie you are the BESTEST QUILT Teacher Ever!!
    Sharon Sutton, aka goathill quilter sutton0161@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sun up and sun set are among life's natural beauties. Seeing either over ocean waters is awesome. THANKS, I am inland these days and not back in South FL!

    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vous êtes toutes radieuses
    Merci pour vos messages d'amour
    Belle journée

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesterday's class was so much fun. I worked on My Love Shack some more last night, I hope I get it done soon.

    Enjoy the rest of your time in San Diego

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had another wonderful class!!! Kinda hard to see the pictures because of the ad at the top of the page that I can't get rid of. Means I only get to see about half of the picture at a time. Sometimes it's there and and won't leave and other times I can get the "X" to work and it goes away.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)