>>>>

Monday, July 28, 2014

The Quilts from Adventures with Leaders & Enders!

Something happened in the crazy life of this quilter ---
There WAS an archive page at one point showing all the quilts from Adventures with Leaders & Enders, but through blog template re-dos and changing of old computer to new computers, that file was lost.

Over the past little while I have been posting, one at a time, a Quiltville of the Day photo on instagram and facebook ---and I have re-photographed these quilts ((Not always in the best quality of photo)) in an effort to have all 13 quilts captured so I have a gallery link for the Book Tab at the top of the blog so folks can see just what is in this book.

So even though you may have seen all of these quilts before,  I now ask for your indulgence as I post this away, so I can link to it!

Adventures with Leaders & Enders was published by Kansas City Star in 2009.  The sequel, MORE Adventures with Leaders & Enders was released this April, 2014!  Quilts in that book can be found HERE.

With the past few books that came AFTER Adventures with Leaders & Enders I was smart enough to get the actual photos from the book for my gallery page. 

I hope that these photos will show what is in the book well enough that folks will still want to start their OWN Adventures with Leaders & Enders!

Sisters 9-Patch

BlueRidgeBeauty
Blue Ridge Beauty

crabapples
Crab Apples

rickracknines
Rick-Rack Nines

Bowdacious
Bowdacious

fourpatchrevisited
Four Patch Revisited

texasbraid
Texas Braid

nineinthemiddle
Nine in the Middle

hopscotchbutterscotch
Hopscotch, Butterscotch

Classic Strippy
Classic Strippy

Madcitymama
Mad City Mama

happilyirish
Happily Scrappily Irish

For more information on just what Leaders & Enders ARE, Read my article HERE!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this! I was looking for it last week, and was disappointed I couldn't find it. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you posted these. Even though I have the book it is fun to see them again and be reminded of how great they are. I've been doing leaders and enders for a while now and I'm amazed at how the pile of finished units grows slowly but steadily. A quilt gets made when I'm not watching! How cool is that!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Pictures, so sorry you had to re-do them (now archive those pics before you forget). I've finally decided to start the "Hopscotch Butterscotch" because it so darn scrappy. I think it will give me a bit more freedom for right now. Elissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:59 PM EDT

    Both these books are FABULOUS!!! They are my very favorites. These pictures are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie..you do more for your Bonnie groupies and general quilting community then you hear about back from us....this was a labor of love to,gather the pictures and I am very sorry you don't have the originals....

    Your books are fun even if you never would make one of the quilts....I can look at some and simply feel happy...often awed if it is really intricate but I also know if I simply follow your recipe and the hard part left is simply color choice for me.....so many fabrics....who needs to become a quilt? All of them....duh!!!

    I have friends who quilt because they were shown your free patterns and your books....and they do them as a first project....wow!

    Thank you for jumping into the Frey. You could have stayed a LAing masseuse who loved the outdoors and quilting....hey you are still all those things and more....stay Bonnie....well no stay Bonnie growing and having an amazing adventure. Oooo part of a new book title? :0)

    Jane NJ/wi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quilter's Eye Candy... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have read all the original posts about these quilts and I have the book b/c I preordered it. However, I loved seeing them all again today! I never get tired of seeing your beautiful quilts, even familiar ones! It makes me want to start new ones- all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for posting all these quilts!

    I have a quick question: I started making the Scrappy Irish Chain 25 patch blocks without my book with me and made the values the opposite of the ones in the quilt. My corners are dark values. Could I choose a dark background fabric for my alternate squares with light corners and still get the chain effect OR should I start frogging?

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)