>>>>

Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Showing & Sharing in Bedford!

20140628_115459
I am home!

It was a long driving day yesterday, but what made it all the better was being able to stop at my friend Hollis Chatelain’s home for dinner, enjoying the company and conversation around the dinner table, walking through her beautiful gardens and entering the “inner sanctum” of her studio, where her masterpieces are created.

SO FUN!  It is nearly exactly an hour’s drive from her door to mine – I hope there will be many more such visits.

I am eager to share the gorgeous quilts my students brought to our classes in Bedford…Lunch time show and share just gets better and better and better!

Check out this lovely Leader & Ender Split 9 patch challenge top..just ready for borders!

You’ll find the free block pattern and some layout suggestions for Split 9-Patch under the Free Patterns tab at the top of the blog.

How is yours coming?  We should do a linky party at some point so YOU can share your Quiltville finishes and works in progress ---Maybe toward the end of August? We could do “How I spent my summer vaction” quilting reports!  ((I’ll keep thinking on it))

20140628_125311

Pineapple Blossom in Yellows, Blacks & Greys!

Free pattern from the Free Patterns tab!

20140628_125349

Strip Twist from the Free Patterns tab!

20140628_125514

Blue Ridge Beauty from Adventures with Leaders & Enders --

Alternative layout, isn't it great?

20140629_124334

And another Blue Ridge Beauty, barn raising layout.

20140629_124432

And another!

20140629_125202

And one in the machine quilting process!

20140629_124930

And one biggie-sized in blacks and greys!

20140628_125624

Star Gazing from Scraps & Shirttails

20140628_125702

And the BACK!!

20140629_124252

Here’s another Star Gazing just waiting for borders.

20140628_125737

Double Delight from the previous mystery section at the bottom of the Free Patterns tab!

Love that lime green!

20140628_130103

Streak of Sunshine from the Free Patterns tab – perfect for beginners!

20140628_130153

Star Struck from the Free Patterns tab!

20140628_130231

Celtic Solstice!

20140628_130518

Celtic Solstice!

20140628_130549

Celtic Solstice!

20140629_124530

And a KING Celtic Solstice!

20140628_130343

Tumelo Trail from Scraps & Shirttails II!

20140628_130430

Patches & Pinwheels biggie sized!  From the Free Patterns tab!

20140628_130714


20140628_130827

And Another Easy Street!

20140629_124836

And one more!

20140628_130743

Florabunda from the Free Patterns tab!

20140629_125327

Cathedral Stars from the Free Patterns tab!

20140629_125435

A great Bricks & Stepping Stones from the Free Patterns tab!

Thank you, ladies for bringing your quilts to share with all of us during class.  I really enjoy watching YOU take the spotlight and tell us about your quilts and how they came to be, who they were made for and where they are living! 

So—I’m home.  And I’ve already had one email asking if I’m okay because this post is late in coming.  Thanks for worrying about me.  I got home about 11pm last night, slept in a bit, and took Sadie for a long walk before it got too hot out this morning.  I didn’t get out early enough.  It’s so humidly thick you can wring it out.  I have been down on my steps this past week because of the teaching and driving – but I’m bound and determined to get back on track with my 10,000 steps a day challenge.

I’m spending today getting caught up on the mail that has piled up over the past 11 days and getting book orders out to those who are so patiently waiting.

Our 4th of July holiday starts Thursday ---so I’m thinking, how about Quilt-Cam tomorrow evening?  Wednesday July 2nd at 9pm EST?

I haven’t touched my String Spider Web Quilt in a week – and I’m itching to get back to it!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

14 comments:

  1. Wow! Kicking off your family time with Quiltcam. We appreciate your dedication to us. Enjoy the next couple weeks--you have definitely earned them!! Thanks for the great show and share pics. They are always an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered if your fingers got itchy watching everyone else sew!! I do that at quilt shows or our county fair...just makes me want to run home and get busy on my own sewing. :) I saw sometimes you sew in your room but hadn't noticed that you got to do that lately.
    We are still having down right cold, wet weather so my steps are way way down...but my heart did a small leap when I saw the gray dreary out my window (sew day!!) as I just finished enough string pieces to do the sashings on my wonky wishes stars quilt!! So excited to put them on.
    My excitement was quickly extinguished as the DH asked right away if I could get started on his airplane cover...I cheerfully said yes dear! (that's a lie...I think I snarled!) But might as well get it done and off my list. (or his list) Wonder if he'd mind some cute quilting embellishment. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made 14938 steps yesterday and 5986 so far today and it's only 8 AM here. I wish I'd thought to check my fitbit before I went to bed, I'd have topped out at 15K for once ;0

    Thanks for introducing Rob and I to our little fitbit, we have the simple Zip. Cool tool, we started using them in April.
    Sharyn in Kalama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it home, and wishing you a wonderful, restful 4th of July. So envious that you got to spend time with Hollis C. She is one of my favorite artists too and can't imagine the thrill of being in her studio. I keep a small picture of her "Blue Men" on my desk. Looking forward to Quilt Cam. Have a blessed day! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathi Pauling11:05 AM EDT

    It was so nice to get to meet you and spend some time with you in VA. I was happy to get to fold your quilts at the trunk show and lecture in Manassas. Such beautiful creations. You are an inspiration. Glad you made it home ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lunch time show and shares get better and better because of your fabulous patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEA! Thanks for taking a bit of Time between trips for Quilt CAM. Tell your Family THANKS also! I've been away from my machine for a week while I went on Vacation. I wished I'd packed it in for the last two days at the Midway, Utah Quilt Show I attended. They had an Open Sew spot that looked SEW FUN and I missed out. Getting warmer here, I am grateful we don't have your humidity. Just call me Pollyanna, lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. roger wilco, wednesday at 9! i have been missing quilt cam!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quilt pictures were especially wonderful today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie, your fans in Bedford have done you proud!!! I love seeing all of the quilts. Realize how many folks you have inspired. That is just great.

    Smiles,
    JUlieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  11. A standing ovation for the gals of Bedford's show and tell!! Glad you had time to spend with Hollis. Always fun to visit the home of an artist. Thank you for upcoming Quilt Cam. I'll tune in while setting Nines In The Middle -- my very first Bonnie project. Have an awesome Fourth of July at QuiltVilla with your family!! Hugs, Allison in Plano

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really enjoyed the show and share! Those ladies really represented!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous quilts! Wow! I felt like I was at one of our nearby quilt shows except I didn't have to pay an admission charge. Where are my white cotton gloves for touching the quilts? I need to find them. Tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! thanks for show and tell!
    A suggestion "I know what you did last summer sewing"

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)