>>>>

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Rainy Morning Edition: Free Kindle Book!


It’s still raining.

61 degrees outside  mid-July and it’s still raining.  Not a raging thunderstorm with heavy, pelting rains and wind and the worries that brings, but a gentle refreshing rain that was bliss to sleep to with windows open, the fresh mountain air caressing everything it touches.

We stayed up late sewing and talking last night…..I can’t believe I slept til past 7:30am.  I just don’t usually do this!


But due to the rain, there will be no hiking today, and full relaxation has taken over.  And it’s a good thing.

Ila sent along a notice of a book still running free on Kindle – but who knows for how long so I am passing it on to you.

A Heartbeat Away: Quilts of Love Series by S. Dionne Moore

Book Description:

When a band of runaway slaves brings Union-loyal Beth Bumgartner a wounded Confederate soldier named Joe, it is the catalyst that pushes her to defy her pacifist parents and become a nurse during the Battle of Antietam
 
Her mother's mysterious goodbye gift is filled with quilt blocks that bring comfort to Beth during the hard days and lonely nights, but as she sews each block, she realizes there is a hidden message of faith within the pattern that encourages and sustains her 
Reunited with Joe, Beth learns his secret and puts the quilt's message to its greatest test—but can betrayal be forgiven?

I just downloaded it for myself and it was still free, but like anything else – what is free now may not be later so please check the price before you click purchase to make sure it is still free for you.

I also have no control over WHERE this is available as free, and it might not be in the country where you live, and I'm sorry if it's not.
 
softfabric
 
I also received a little email from Ingrid in Germany who sent along a cute little saying in German, along with her rendition of an English translation.
 
I love how fabric brings us all together! 
 
She writes:
 
Hi, Bonnie,
yesterday I found this in the www on the page of a german fabricshop:

WARUM ICH STOFFE KAUFE?
Es ist nicht unmoralisch, nicht illegal und macht auch nicht dick.
Es beruhigt die Nerven, streichelt die Seele und macht Freude!!!

I tried to translate it:

WHY I BUY FABRIC?
It isn't immoral, not illegal and does not make you heavy weight.
It calm the nerves, pet the soul and make pleasure.
 
Or as I would say, Doesn’t make us fat, comforts the soul, and brings happiness!  Thank's for sending it, Ingrid!
 
Today is our last day to sew.  We head down the mountain tomorrow morning to get Mickey to the airport ---and I head home!
 
It’s been a great retreat time and we have gotten sew much done!
 
I have had questions on why I can’t do Quilt-Cam from the cabin ---there are many reasons, but the biggeset one of all is that the internet signal up here is minimal at best and just can’t handle it.  I’m 25 minutes from the nearest place I could call a “town”  and I’m lucky to have what kind of signal I have here, but Quilt-Cam just is not a possibility from here, so we save that for when I’m home.
 
Love from a soggy, cool Buck Mountain --


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

15 comments:

  1. Oops, we missed it. Not free in Aust..
    Enjoy your last sewing day together

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just downloaded the book. Thanks for the heads-up. We're getting the same gentle rains in KY that you have at Quiltvilla. Enjoy your last day there and safe travels home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the heads up on the book. Love reading about your trips and the groups you visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info on the free book. Just got my copy downloaded. Gentle rain on the West Coast as well. So refreshing and badly needed. Good day to sew or read. Enjoy your last day at Quiltvilla.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie,
    As much as I love Quilt Cam Quilt Villa should be your retreat. You gals have a great day sewing and I wlll be sewing right along with you. Finishing up the last blocks for "Smith Mountain Morning"
    Sue
    Upstate NY

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the free book recommendation. enjoy the rest of you day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am with ajsgramie......enjoy your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the share, downloaded it.
    I think you biggest reason for not doing quilt Cam from there should be that it is your time. You share so much with us that you should have that private time. Let me tell you, those quilters will survive. Use that time to refresh, relax and make it your own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got it! Still free here in Alaska at 9:30 am. It's also raining here, which we badly need. Hav a lovely last day at the cabin. I always get more done when sewing with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Sue and Deb! As much as I love QuiltCam, you need to have a place to retreat and refreshed. I am always pleasantly surprised when you take time out to update us from Quilt Villa - you need to take time for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your last sewing session and safe journey home. Here in England we have been having a lovely hot summer, exceptionally hot on Thursday and Friday but last night we had torrential rain, thunder and lightning and more of the same today. It has refreshed the garden and cooled things down a bit. I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your time sewing and relaxing, Quiltcam can wait. All that cool rain and sleeping with the windows open sounds like a treat too. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Bonnie you are feeding my eclectic reading habits....just got it in Wisc....or maybe NJ. Hehehe my Amazon account is mail addressed to NJ....who cares it sounds like a good read....

    Jane M

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bonnie, You scored! It is now $9.39

    ReplyDelete
  15. On why you can't do quiltcam from the cabin---because that is your "me time" and you certainly to not get enough of it! So sorry that some folks are not happy with all that you ALREADY give! I hope that even if the signal is dynomite you continue to tell folks it is not doable! WINK!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)