>>>>

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Smith Mountain Lake or Bust!

Studio_April2014 113
It was too late after last night’s Quilt-Cam to want to unpack and repack the trunk show for my presentation on Saturday evening at the Virginia Consortium of Quilters (VCQ) CELEBRATION.

That meant that I needed to do it this morning.

Only.

I slept too late!

Yes, I needed it but….

I’ve been running around like a crazy fool quilter trying to get everything done before leaving in about 2 hours!

This is a stack of possibles on my couch.  Did I ever tell you how much I HATE this couch?  The only time I like it is when it’s reclined, there are two recliners in it – but if you aren’t reclined, it feels like you are sitting in a row of airplane seats with “seat backs and tray tables up”  This couch is SO going away ---as soon as Jeff moves into his own place, he can take it with him!

But I digress.  My lecture topic for Saturday Evening is STRING FLING!  Oh boy….and I probably have way too many string quilts to share.  Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

Studio_April2014 112

My living room floor as I sort into body bags!

I would be remiss too if I didn’t bring SOME of the quilts from my new book to share, even if they are NOT String Quilt related – so those are coming too.  This may end up being a 2 hour presentation! LOL!

Studio_April2014 116

The back of Shamu is full!

The only things left remaining are my clothes, my laptop back pack and my OWN project – to bring a machine or not? This is the question? I suppose I should just put one in the car just in case – that’s what I’ll do.

Oh, and a shower and…

Studio_April2014 114

These need packaged and dropped off at the post office on my way!

These are the last big batch of the “snail mail” order forms that have come in with checks for my new book MORE Adventures with Leaders & Enders.  As soon as these go out, we are ALL CAUGHT UP! Whoooowhoooo!  What a crazy few weeks it has been!

I’ll be in touch from VCQ Celebration.  It’s always a great time.  I get to meet PAT SPETH!  I am like a crazy fan girl.

Happy Thursday, let’s get this show on the road!  ((A phrase my dad used to spout off any time we were running late!))

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

17 comments:

  1. You will love Pat :) - She was a delight at the March 1014 MN Quilters Guild Meeting - Show, and we so enjoyed her, her sense of humor, and of course quilts. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am like a crazy fan girl." That's how we feel about getting to meet you! :-) Have a safe trip and a great time in VA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am blessed to have classes from you and Pat Speth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish you extra time to get it all done ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or, as my mom says, "Let's get this row on the shoad!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that same couch and hate it too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Dad said "Let's haul it NOW!"...funny to remember these little things.

    Going to Smith Mtn Lake!!!! Should be gorgeous there.. I know everyone will have a grand ole time! drive safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Old Quilter12:14 PM EDT

    More to show is always better - for us that is! Bring it all ! I can only see your fabulous work online, and am always pleased when your post has lots of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Old Quilter ~ the more quilts you bring to share the better! Thank you for sharing so many quilts on your blog and Facebook. I also enjoy your pics that enable me to travel right along with you!
    Safe travels, Bonnie!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a Pat Speth Quilt! You are lucky to meet all the fun ladies who quilt and teach. Safe travels! They will love 2 hours of your Show and Tell!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would LOVE to sit through a 2 hour trunk show of yours and it still wouldn't be enough! I agree with Myrna.

    ReplyDelete
  12. More is always better!Miss quiltcam but when my new month of internet downloads begins on Monday, I will catch up with what you have been up to!!along with reading the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you and Pat should reallly enjoy each others company. 5" squares versus scraps. All the same.

    ReplyDelete
  14. When we finally got on the road my husband would say..."we're off like a herd of turtles"....rather appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bonnie you do so much for us. I am always impressed with your sacrifices and energy. I also admire your being steadfast in gluten-free eating. I've been wondering how you were doing and how it was affecting your pain. DH is the cook around here so I have no control over that part of my life. I'd like to try it though. Was it difficult?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for entertaining me with Quiltcam while I stitch away in the corner of my Dad's hospital room. I went gluten free 11 months ago for medical reasons and I noticed a difference in my RA in about 3 weeks. Keep up all of your beautiful inspiring work. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous12:52 PM EDT

    I think we everybody are so happy of Bonnie´s generosity and all she is giving us. I´m so happy waiting my book. I enjoy so much reading her stories travelling there and having quiltmeetings. Wish her safe ways and rest enough to make this all.My warmest greetings fron Finland Aune

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)