The basement/ground level of the cabin is a wonderful space---but there will be some fixing to set it up for sewing production area.
The table with the checkered cloth was already here. I brought my blue Wizard, Petula and my 301A, Dottie with me. I need a machine with a walking foot to apply a binding so that is why I brought Petula---the 301 goes in the card table I've set at the end---there is plenty of room in this space.
There needs to be better light and I'll have some fluorescents installed in the ceiling at some point. Right now there are other things that are higher up the ladder--but lighting is important to me so we have temporarily
Remedied the situation with the use of halogen floodlights. It will work for now!
The other side of the basement is the family room, and I've set up the treadle in the corner so I can sew and watch tv with everyone else.
The light spots on the pine paneling is where photos were removed when the sellers left---I'm thinking these will be best hidden by hanging quilts!
Little by little we are making this spot our own.
I've got the binding ready to apply to the quilt with the pieced backing--i sewed it on the treadle! I was going to do that at home but I ran out of time and DH was ready to roll so I will put it on while up here--the first sewing project of the new cabin!
Posting this before we head back up the mountain and I lose signal again :)