>>>>

Monday, October 21, 2013

Show & Share in Englewood!

 Hello, World, I’m home!

I had a great night’s sleep in my own bed…and I’m ready to tackle the day here.

There is a bunch of weirdness on Facebook this morning – I can’t seem to post to my personal wall OR the Quiltville Friends wall either on mobile or by laptop – so while that is being sorted out ((Is this due to government shut down? There has been ZERO posting in my newsfeed in over 45 minutes)) I thought I would share with you the fabulous show and share presented by class members on Saturday.

It was such an honor to be able to sit back and enjoy the show – seeing the lovely quilts that kept appearing, one after the other ---and I know you will enjoy it!

Our first photo is Carolina CHRISTMAS from Scraps & Shirttails II ---in pink and purple!  See how much you can change a quilt, just by substituting your own color choices?  Think outside the crayon box!

Colorado_Oct2013 236

Cathedral Stars – LOVELY!!
You will find Cathedral Stars under the free patterns tab at the top of the blog.

Colorado_Oct2013 237

Hand Me Downs from Scraps & Shirttails!

She mentioned that most of the fabric came from Wooden Spools, a fabulous shop where you can sell your stash, and buy someone else’s!  I had such a great at this shop, and I so love the concept!  More on the shop to come in a future post, so stay tuned for that coming up!

Colorado_Oct2013 238

Holy Toledo from Scraps & Shirttails II!

Colorado_Oct2013 246

And another one!

Colorado_Oct2013 248

And yet another!

Wooden Spools has a “Bonnie Hunter Club” --- and the thought makes me giggle!  There is no block of the month with outlandish prices, you  don’t have to buy a kit from a matched line of fabrics to promote a fabric manufacturer, there are no rules other than sew with your stash on a quilt that the group has chosen to all make….and sew your brains out!  Now that is MY kind of club!  The call themselves “The Bonnies”  LOVE IT!

Colorado_Oct2013 240

Lazy Sunday!

Isn’t this radiant?  Lazy Sunday ran through 4 issues of Quiltmaker Magazine as a mystery in the past year.  Be watching for it in my upcoming book due out Spring 2014!

Colorado_Oct2013 239

The Bonnie Hunter Club chose Blue Ridge Beauty from Adventures with Leaders & Enders  as one of their club projects!  We had a couple done in Red/Neutral and they are just stunning! 

Colorado_Oct2013 245

Another red one!

Colorado_Oct2013 247

And a blue one!

Colorado_Oct2013 242

Nine patches make a GREAT simple Leader & Ender project!

This is Sisters Nine Patch from Adventures with Leaders & Enders.

Colorado_Oct2013 243

Also from Adventures with Leaders & Enders is Mad City Mama!

Colorado_Oct2013 244

I love how this gal loves YELLOW!

This is Rick Rack Nines from Adventures with Leaders & Enders – check out that piano key border!

Colorado_Oct2013 249

Bargello in Plaid from Scraps & Shirttails!

Colorado_Oct2013 252

Easy Street!

Colorado_Oct2013 258

And another Easy Street in a different color way!

Colorado_Oct2013 264

Not sure whether you want the whole mystery or not?  Do just 25% of what is given!  Here she has turned Easy Street into a small wall hanging.

Easy Street was LAST YEAR’s mystery – it has been retired and will be making an appearance in my next book – stay tuned!

Colorado_Oct2013 253

Scrappy Mountain Majesties is a GREAT quilt for giving!

You will find it under the free patterns tab at the top of the blog – the blocks are made with 8.5” squares – a great way to use a collection of fat quarters that have been hanging around – don’t you love these colors?

Colorado_Oct2013 254

Yes, Michelle has been busy!

This is her Happily Scrappily Irish from Adventures with Leaders & Enders!

This entire quilt built itself in between the line of chain piecing other quilts…simply by sewing pairs of 2” squares, a light and a dark, to each other.  It’s made with four patches, not the old boring way of seewing strip sets of 5 ---I love how this quilt sparkles!  Great job, Michelle!

Colorado_Oct2013 255


Colorado_Oct2013 256

And Lady of Lake Erie from Devoted to Scraps!

I love the simple triangle border she added…isn’t this beautiful?

Colorado_Oct2013 257

Check out the BACK!!  Bye-bye orphan blocks! Open-mouthed smile

Colorado_Oct2013 259

Sometimes projects just need to stop where they are!

These units were from Carolina Crossroads from Scraps & Shirttails ---but what a lovely runner!

You know, that might be a great way to gift up some UFOs that aren’t going anywhere…turn them into runners and finish them, and gift them for the holidays!  Bye bye, Quilt Guilt!!

Colorado_Oct2013 260

Chunky Churndash is another favorite from the over-flowing free patterns tab at the top of the blog!  The blocks come from 1-1/2” and 2-1/2” strips and squares…Easy Peasy and oh, so cute!

Colorado_Oct2013 261

How is YOUR Cheddar Bow-Tie Leader & Ender Challenge coming?

Colorado_Oct2013 262

Sorry this is blurry, but the light from the windows made everything a bit washed out…I just LOVE Elaine’s setting for her Pineapple Blossom – another fun one from the free patterns tab!  Her borders are so awesome!

Colorado_Oct2013 263

A completed Love Shack!  LOVE the pinwheels!!

I hope you enjoyed the wonderful show of quilts the ladies put on for me.  I hope it makes you want to dig into the scraps and go SEW SOMETHING!!  I know it does me.

Today I am calling my “DAY OFF.”  I have a chiropractor appointment, and a massage scheduled.  Laundry is running, as is the dishwasher.  Other than that, I am doing NOTHING today that is work related!  I may sew.

Join me tomorrow night, Tuesday, October 22 for Quilt-Cam at 9pm Eastern!

Happy Monday, everyone!  It’s a new week – what are YOU going to do with it?

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

22 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved the Show and Share! What an inspiration this post is for me to get busy on the quilts I want to make from your books and free patterns. But which one? They're all so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been able to get into facebook right this morning either - I think they have a huge problem going on. Love all the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!!! Loved every one!! Good for you - taking some time off!!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FB won't let me LIKE anything or comment this morning either. That's ok there is plenty to see over here and on my Design Wall Monday buddies postings today. Love that they took their quilts up on the stage so they would all be seen! Great show and Tell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful inspiring quilts from your patterns! Thanks for the Quilt Show. Have a lovely, refreshing day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful show and tell! I'm also glad to know it's not just me with Facebook issues this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today's post is dyn-o-mite! I sent the link out to our guild members to take a look. I will try to get a Bonnie Club of our own going here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm getting backs ready to take two quilts to quilter. On back of my Scrappy Mountain Majesties I used some of my bonus sqs from Pineapple Blossom, love it. Also working on another Pineapple Blossom. Loving those bonus sgs. It is snowing here today so makes for another day to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gathering with some friends ... we're going to make those clothesline basket/purses and have lunch at a friend's house ... beverages will be included, too ... LOL Glad to hear you're taking a "Bonnie Day" ... you deserve it!! "See" you Tuesday night on QuiltCam! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love! What a great way to start a dreary Monday morning! Thanks! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely quilts! Such talented ladies. btw, FB is having problems this morning. It was on the news. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to join "The Bonnies". Great quilts. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Inspiration for the day! Thanks to those ladies for some beautiful quilts and to you for sharing the pics! Off to finish a UFO on the frame!! Janet in Spokane WA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Machelle - your site is as attractive as your quilts - I can't help wonder if you have some experience or education in Art. Thanks for posting so many lovely photos - I was so engrossed in sewing, I didn't take enough, but I DID want a photo of your scrappy 5 patch (not sure of name). LOVED those colors.

    Nice to meet you as well! I have you on my Reader now so I won't miss anything! 8-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who is Machelle? I missed her somehow. Can you direct me to her site?

      Delete
  15. Lovely quilts! I especially liked the 1/4 Easy Street. I'm making a lot of baby quilts right now and I'm wondering why I've never tried doing small versions of some of Bonnie's designs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really loved the Show and Share! I think I see a few of your designs done in small sizes in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoy your day off! Ahhhh, nothing like a quilting show on my lunch hour . . . thanks to your wonderful students I'm inspired all over again and ONLY want to do scrappy quilt!. Looking forward to Quilt Cam Tuesday evening. I'll be working on an all blues Nines in the Middle border and more broken dishes units for Jamestown Landing. Until then . . . happy chiro adjustment and massage. Sew sew sew and lots of hugs, Allison

    ReplyDelete
  18. What amazing quilts. Love seeing them in other colors and sizes.
    Have a restful day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous7:42 PM EDT

    Facebook has gotten too big for it's servers and can't handle the traffic. I had gotten to the point of thinking this sweet friend had unfriended me as I could not post birthday greetings on her wall....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful quilts, always love to see what other quilters are making! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)