>>>>

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Show and Share, Texas Style!


I’m still catching up with photos taken on the last leg of this past trip ---I have some great quilts to show and share from Huntsville and Bryan, Texas!

But first….this is where I am sitting while writing this post….am I crazy?  In a sweat shirt, hot cuppa tea at hand, sitting outside on the deck enjoying the crisp fall air.

I just took this photo ---the clouds are hanging heavy, the sound of crickets chirping in chorus all around.

The air is still ---the flag hanging proudly on our deck is not moving even the slightest bit.

I can honestly say that we hoped for more color, but it just isn’t happening here yet.  I have a feeling we are going to miss it!

These trees are doing the best they can to show a bit of color along side our drive way, but this is as far as it goes:

cabin_oct2013 006

Maybe we are a week early?

The greens of the leaves have definitely changed to more yellow ---a drive along the blue ridge parkway later may give us some better views.  Still, I’m glad to be up here for a weekend ---and guess what?  I finished ALL of the blocks for our mystery quilt last night, so today they start to become an actual TOP!

Lets bring on that Show & Share – I think you will be inspired!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 094

Rory is an award winning quilter who has exhibited in Houston numerous times.  Look at how cool this Spider Web is!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 095

This might look “Modern” to you, but she made it back in the 80s or 90s I believe!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 096

All those parallel lines are hand quilted!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 097

This piece is absolutely stunning!

What you see are not just shades of fabric, each diamond is machine appliqued:

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 098

This piece was just jaw-dropping!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 099

Not only that – it was a Quilt-As-You-Go project and also hung in Houston!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 100

Linda brought an antique Shoo-Fly that she knew I’d love to see!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 101

Fabrics from around 1890-1910 I believe.

Love that “whoops, out of sashing fabric, let’s just substitute!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 102

More substitutions, and one strategically rotated triangle!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 103

Love the baskets and the hearts cut from log cabin blocks!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 106

There was an Easy Street in the house!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 107

Split 9 patch with a square in the center, instead of a half square triangle – great setting!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 108

This sweet sampler is in the process of being hand quilted!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 109

Gorgeous String quilt with purple as the “kite”!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 110

I Spy Puppies!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 112

This quilt is also in the process of quilting –isn’t it sweet for a little girl?

Here is the back:

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 111

No mistaking who THIS quilt belongs to!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 219

And a pair from Bryan --- Terrific Spider Webs!!

I’ve got another spider web I started long ago and it got way-laid --- but Spider webs and October just seem to go together, don’t they?  If you want to try one, Check out the Spider Web pattern under the free patterns tab at the top of the blog.  They are easier than you think, and tons of fun!

Time to start some breakfast and get this day going ---or maybe, I’ll just sit out here and listen to the crickets chirp just a while longer!

Happy Saturday, Y’all!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

14 comments:

  1. Isn't it always amazing to see the fabrics, designs and ideas YOUR quilter fans come up with? Inspires me each time you post photos ;)
    Thanks,
    JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great weekend relaxing and piecing together that mystery top. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relax and enjoy your weekend ... you work so hard! You have YEARS in the cabin to catch the color ... you'll see it someday ;-) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in Payson AZ last month Bonnie and early in morning before everyone else was up, I was doing the same thing as you, sitting in a rocker, wrapped up in my quilt, drinking hot delicious coffee, instead of crickets though, I was listening to Elk bugle, it was amazing and incredible. Loved all the quilts and really loved the oops out of border, I think maybe it was your great grandmother who made that one :) Enjoy Your Time and I can hardly wait for the next Mystery :) Bj in Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, I say you should enjoy the crickets!! Enjoy every moment of your weekend, Love the show and tell.
    Hugs from SC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to know the name of the pattern in the "modern" one. I am totally captivated by it and my husband would LOVE one! Any help?

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK Bonnie. I'm inspired, but what do I do first? Finish quilting a donation wallhanging for a Toys 4 Tots silent auction; maybe a few more plaid blocks from the new cover featured quilt from Quiltmaker; perhaps a binding on another almost finished throw; or sit on my deck, looking at my mountains and fields, watching the leaves turn, working on my hexies and shivering in my sweatshirt. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rory's spider web is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that antique shoo fly and the string quilts. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the shoo fly I've been looking for an idea for a quilt using all the shirts I've saved. This one may be it. Thanks so much for sharing the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:43 PM EDT

    Love that you have M blocks finished and working on layout..... we LOVE LOVE LOVE the mystery quilts...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pink, red and blue quilt with the little girl's name on the back. Is it really easy to do the letters in patchwork? I know that you have a book to purchase that gives the directions, but have you done many with that process? Love reading your blog; it gets me into the mood every day (actually twice) to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am real new to your site. I just love it. I have a question for you. I love the easy
    street pattern I have been seeing. Is there a place to get pattern?

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it will be in Bonnie's next book, out early next year. Hope this helps.

      Delete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)