>>>>

Saturday, October 19, 2013

iPhone-o-Gram! Shirttails Times 51!!

This is the largest class I have ever had assembled in one spot for a workshop!

We are at a Lovely church facility with ample space for 51 women plus 51 machines plus all of the accoutrements that come with a full day workshop.

Shirttails is a wonderful quilt for teaching many techniques and skill builders that are applicable to any future quilt the quilter might make.

Accurate quarter inch seams, spinning seams on the back of four patches – different ways of doing half square triangles, we have covered them all this morning!

We will take a break for lunch and show and tell– and will be back sewing up a storm this afternoon.

The skies are blue outside with a gentle breeze blowing, temps are slated to be in the mid 60s today! What a difference between today and the snow frosted view from my window yesterday morning.

It's a great day to be in Colorado – but I must admit, thoughts of home are creeping in, and I will be on my way back to my family and my own bed tomorrow.













15 comments:

  1. Only you could handle teaching that many students in one setting! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travel home safely, rest and refresh and then, I think you said, mystery quilt fabric requirements are coming soon. I have a color scheme in mind and have been pulling from my stash. Can you tell I'm excited?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came home with 6 shirts the other day, have been looking at this pattern. Everyone looks happy, even the lady that needs her seam ripper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quilters are the happiest people, especially when they can get together with other quilters and sew sew sew. This looks like an awesome group!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you remember to pack your roller skates?! My goodness that's a lot of quilters gathered! Bet it is a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could find one place like this in my town.... garland texas. What a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I could find one place like this in my town.... garland texas. What a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I could find one place like this in my town.... garland texas. What a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I bet it was NOISY and fun! And I would be so tempted to wander from table to table to snatch up leftover scraps :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. SCRAP HEAVEN!!!!! wholly cow that had to be oodles of fun!!!!! and they had to be very patient if you were waltzing around helping....wow what a group!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had a great time! Bonnie needed a whistle just to interrupt all the gabbing, but I think everybody got the instruction they needed and a good start to the quilts. We had an amazing show and tell of finished quilts people brought. Bonnie obviously has a big fan base here. Thanks Bonnie, I bet your bed felt good and I hope you get some rest before you hit the road again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6:25 AM EDT

    Wow that is great to have such a big turn out!
    Donna from Blackberry Winter Crafts blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!! it's cool !!!! Very Nice !!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like everyone had a blast. That last pic has a HST turned the wrong way, I hope she notices when she sees the pic, before the quilt top is sewn together.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)