>>>>

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Welcome to Wooden Spools!

This was by far the greatest concept I've ever come across!

We love thrifting, right?  But this is a step above --- this is a  high end, quilt shop quality fabric REVIVAL!

We arrived on a sunny Saturday morning ---Jessica picked me up at my hotel and brought me to the shop for a “Breakfast with Bonnie” and a meet and greet before going over to where our class was held.  There were so many in the class, 51 –that the shop classroom couldn't contain us all!

There was a lovely breakfast set up, continental style, and quilters were milling about, oohing and aahhing and purchasing and I  was swept right up into their excitement.

Colorado_Oct2013 191

Beautiful fabrics ready to be petted!

Pieces less than a yard are wound on small bolts on the top shelves –if you want those, you need to take the whole piece.

The larger bolts are fabrics more than a yard – you can have cuts made off of these in any size you desire….and of course Fat Quarters are plentiful!

And the pricing?

Colorado_Oct2013 205

Yeah, Baby!  Get that Credit Card Smoking!

Colorado_Oct2013 193

Fabrics are sorted by style, so you will find batiks in one area, polka dots in another, and plaids in yet another area so it is easy to find what you want.

Colorado_Oct2013 194

Other fabrics are simply sorted by color families, making it easy to match your project for that right shade!

Colorado_Oct2013 196

I headed straight for the neutrals!  I ALWAYS need these!

Colorado_Oct2013 203

The shop also carries gently used books at greatly discounted prices.

You will love the samples that hang on the walls!  There are classes and gatherings – and yes, even a Bonnie Hunter club for you to join ---sew those scraps up, and buy some more!

Colorado_Oct2013 195

Fat Quarter Packs and Fat Eighth Bundles!

Colorado_Oct2013 200

Bright light and wide open spaces make for easy browsing!

Colorado_Oct2013 207

Our ladies had a great time wandering and selecting before class!

Colorado_Oct2013 208

It was an exciting morning getting to know each other before we headed over to the workshop!

Colorado_Oct2013 185

And if knitting is your thing?  We’ve got that covered too!  You will find lovely knitting supplies in the front of the shop for when you feel like switching gears.

Colorado_Oct2013 209

If you are anywhere near Englewood, Colorado –Make sure to make a visit to Wooden Spools!

Colorado_Oct2013 213

Check out the website for more info on turning your quilt shop quality stash into cash.  But be prepared to leave some cash behind, as you will find things that NEED to go home with you in this one-of-a-kind shop!

Thanks again for hosting me, Wooden Spools!  It was a great visit!

Don't forget about QUILT-CAM tonight at 9pm Eastern!

And of course -- TOMORROW -- our yardage requirements and info for this year's mystery GO LIVE!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

21 comments:

  1. I'd give my right arm for a Wooden Spools store near me. How great is this idea and what a service it provides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh! I'll have to take a drive over there. It can't be all that far from Cheyenne, WY. What a fabulous concept. Thanks for sharing!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a neat idea for a quilt shop - I'm surprised I haven't heard of this before - I don't think you could do it in a small populated area but near a metro area - wow - I will need to put this shop on my "to be visited" list!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post Bonnie! Thank you! So enjoyed your visit...Looking forward to when we can spend more time together quilting! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for making my visit so fun! I love spending time with you!

      Delete
  5. Wow! What a great concept! Wish I lived close enough to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun but, Bonnie, we didn't see photos of YOUR purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg!!! I'm going to see if they ship to Australia!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH HAVE MERCVY and hide my credit card right this second!!! What a terrific place you havae found for all of us!

    Bookmarking Wooden Spools for sure, and relooking over each page.

    THANK YOU
    JUlieinYN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooops, I live in Eastern Tenn. not in YN ;)
      JulieinTN

      Delete
  9. I think I could fill a couple walls with my stash! But now that I make Bonnie Hunter quilts with my scraps I wouldn't want to part with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sally Black was my quilter in Alaska. Can not wait to go visit her in the CO shop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Next time I go to CO skiing I am making my party stop there...or they can just drop me off while they get the groceries and wine! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great looking store, so bright and cheery, maybe I will make it there one day,.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The shop looks amazing. My credit card is so glad I wasn't there. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG - this was the shop I was trying to find when I was visiting my sister in Parker, CO, last summer! I had lived in Englewood for 10 years before moving to the east coast. You'd think I would be able to find a store on Broadway, but NO I ended up wandering aroung Greenwood Village which is completely wrong. Of course, it had been 15 years since I lived there and appearances have changed quite a bit. I will definitely search harder on my next visit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, my in-laws live in Denver! Next visit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a neat idea.... thanks for sharing Miss Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are killing me with these posts about great quilt shops! I wish this one had a website i could order from!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW!! I think you've actually found Quilter's Heaven :)

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)