>>>>

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Roll Roll Rolling in Huntsville, TX!

Since I have my laptop cord back….I spent time last evening going through the photos from Tuesday’s workshop in Huntsville and editing them down, getting ready to post.

It makes me smile to see such happy quilters showing off their blocks…I can hear their chatter and laughter in my mind as I see each lady, and I feel like I was really a part of this group, they took me right in!

Just look at these girls….aren’t they adorable?

Roll Roll Cotton Boll  from my book String Fling is a ton of fun, and a lot of work.  Many Many small pieces come together to make this quilt what it is – and oh, the fabrics you can use up in the process!

We started the day out by doing all the precision piecing first….leaving the string piecing for the afternoon when we were most likely to want to lay down and take a nap –hahaha  you don’t have to try has hard to be “perfect” with string piecing…it’s a lot more forgiving and easy going!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 092

This is a one owner featherweight!  She’s had it since it was brand spanking new in 1966!

Huntsville_BryanTX2013 091

And no, the quilter on the left did NOT finish this in class!

But she got started, just to see if she liked one block…and like potato chips, she just couldn’t stop! LOL!  So, she chose another quilt out of String Fling, Pfeffernusse, and was working away on that while the rest of us were all Rolling our Cotton Bolls along…

Click the image below if you can’t view the slide show on your mobile device to be taken directly to the photo album.
Roll Roll Cotton Boll, Huntsville, TX 2013

It's a Fly Away Home day for me! I'm on my way back to Houston to catch my plane. I should be home by dinner time!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

5 comments:

  1. I'm from Texas and I'm always jealous when someone else is enjoying my state without me. Looks like y'all had fun. Did you get to eat Blue Bell ice cream or go on a tour of their place? Be safe coming home and come to Tampa, FL soon. Maybe? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fun! I can hardly wait to receive my books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:47 PM EDT

    You should just stay in Houston for the upcoming quilt festival!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like everybody had a great time quilting with you Bonnie.Hugs

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)