>>>>

Saturday, October 05, 2013

16 Patches & Pinwheels, Oh My!

How about a quilt class, where instead of several brain wracking techniques, there were only a few and we could really get in there and power sew while we chatter away, make tons of progress and have a really fun time?

I love class days like Patches & Pinwheels.

We spent the morning building 16-patch blocks from our scraps –and oh what stories those scraps had to tell, giving each quilt its own flavor.

For me the fun of a scrap quilt class is walking around and seeing what different fabrics some are pulling together, with many resurfacing from the depths of DEEP STASH status ---we had several 1970s fabrics coming up for air, as well as those from the 80’s, 90s, and yes even though it doesn’t sound like so long ago…that Millenium fabric is now 13 to 14 years old.  Get it out of there and sew it up!

This first picture is for Diane --- she and her mom have been in class with me the past two days, and it’s been so much fun!  Our photographer said “hands on hips, girls, strike a pose!”  Okay….I should have put my one arm out, and Diane could have been the handle, and I could have been the spout…lol!

Remember when I stopped to visit Prairie Points Quilt Shop?

We had just missed Diane….the shop had no way of knowing I was popping in, and we were only there for all of 15 minutes ---but she was wishing she hadn't missed us by “JUST THAT MUCH”. 

Peoria_IL2013 108

And as always, its better to take two pictures..this one wouldn't do – it looks like I’m ready to be the corn-hole board…lol!  Could I open my mouth ANY wider?! You can tell what a giggly good time we were having.

16pinwheels 001

You can find the directions for Patches & Pinwheels under the free patterns tab at the top of the blog.  Have you made one yet?  It comes directly from my Scrap Users System: 2” strips in colors and neutrals, and 3.5” strips for the triangles using the Easy Angle Ruler, also in colors and neutrals.  Easy Peasy and fun – and you can really blow through the scrap stash in a hurry!

If you can’t view the slide show on your mobile device, click the image below to be taken directly to the photo album.
Patches & Pinwheels, Peoria IL 2013

Today is a double dose of scrapiness day! We have a full half-day Pineapple Blossom class this morning, followed by a Playing with Jacks workshop this afternoon, also completely full! 

It's been a great time here ---watching leaves turn, getting to know the ladies ---and tomorrow I head to Texas, hexies at the ready!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

6 comments:

  1. I'd love to see a picture of the whole quilt when that gal gets the red, black and white one done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would as well, hopefully we can all see it.

      Delete
  2. So enjoyed watching the slide show !! Love seeing all the different colors...looks like such a fun time !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I NEEEED that paisley in pic 21. I mean it-- I NEEED it! And isn't is fascinating how black and white blocks make a picture look old-timey B&W even when there are other colors in the pic.I can never get over the effect it creates. Great class, great quilts, great picture show! Thanks, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Scrap status has gone from tin to gold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! loved seeing everyone's assorted blocks all together on the floor! Just goes to show all scraps go together-no matter where they are from to start!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)