>>>>

Thursday, March 05, 2015

More Showin & Sharin from the Tampa Gals --

20150301_162957
There were some Show & Share photos that were   left from our fun in Tampa, and I thought I would share these up on the wall this morning.

Special quilts don’t have to be intricately pieced!

With the right fabrics and the right colors, values and contrast  what is simple becomes simply magnificent!

In this case we have a quilt that was made out of a beloved father’s shirts after his passing.  A quilt that was made simply using the Hidden Spools pattern from the Free Patterns tab and adding her own scrappy border to frame it.

What a wonderful tribute!

And check out the back:


20150301_163016

The rest of the shirts!

I love this – everything about this quilt is lovely and full of memories and so very very tactile.  It resides with her son, but it gets visited often!

20150301_163047

we also have a Split 9 patch in greens in the assembly process!

Doni’t you love the “Webbing” way of putting things together?  Nothing gets turned round, be it units, blocks, blocks to blocks, or even a full quilt of sashings, cornerstones and blocks!  Check out the directions for Webbing the Top under the Tips & Techniques Tab  to find out more.

20150301_163119

This one was fascinating!

And also in progress.  Based on the math found in tatami mats, it starts with  2 1.5” X 2.5” rectangles in the center and more rectangles are added end to end and around and around to make the quilt as big as you want.  What a great way to use pieces as leaders & Enders and catalog all of your favorite scraps!

20150301_163216

Easy Street from MORE Adventures with Leaders & Enders made it out to play!  Isn’t this a pretty one!

20150302_131909

Sylvia brought her Cathedral Stars, and framed it in Florida Orange and Blue!

20150302_132052

She has also become addicted to small string blocks…hooray!

20150302_132136

Another Easy Street – look how different they appear just through different fabric choices!

20150302_132240

And a fabulous masculine Scrappy Trips, also from the Free Patterns tab!

I love our show & share moments.  I love seeing what others have been working on, and their own spin on things gives me such a glimpse into who they are and how they like to sew!

Health Update;

It was a rough night.  I won’t lie.  But I’m still breathing this morning, and I’m moving a bit. 

My plan is to just lay low and sleep as much as possible before tonight’s lecture.

I am taking a “vow of silence” and not using my voice at all until I have to speak – and the show will go on!

I’ll have had 4 rounds of antibiotics in 24 hours by the time I speak, so I should not be contagious to anyone, but I will refrain from hugging other quilters just to be safe!

It will get better from here on out!

Thank you for all the well wishes, sinus infection and bilateral ear infections are not fun to deal with , especially when flying ---and I probably put being seen off too long.  I tend to do that, thinking “oh, it’s not that bad, it’s just a cold” and Whammo.

I do have a featherweight in my room and might get some quiet sewing in while I wait for tonight’s activities.

Have a good Thursday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

22 comments:

  1. So sorry you are under the weather, and not being home is just not fun when one is ill. Take care Quilting Guru, and we'll be sending prayers your way! Lynne in MN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, can't have our Quilting Guru feeling bad! That's what I call you when asked who is Bonnie. At least it's warm there, we are iced and snowed in, cancel all outings again, not the first time this year! Staying home and playing in the scraps is just what I wanted to do, anyway. Feel better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:50 AM EST

    Sorry to hear you are so sick. I have been reading your blog for some time. I am new to quilting but not to sewing. I have finally found my ¼" seam allowance. Thanks for helping me understand the importance of an accurate ¼" seam. Sending healthy thoughts your way.
    Sue

    suejohnston208@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you have not been feeling well, but am so happy you will not have to cancel the lecture/trunk show tonight. I will be there and have been looking forward to it. Do let me know if there is anything you need...I live very near Orange Park.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel better soon Bonnie. I've had what you have and it's not fun !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:09 AM EST

    Sorry you're sick, hopefully you will be feeling better soon and have some time to just rest. I love the show and tell. Love the small strippy quilt and especially love the first quilt made from the father's shirts. what a wonderful quilt for the family. It is beautiful and a sweet wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please take care of yourself... there's only one you! Love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:50 AM EST

    So sorry to read of your health challenges! It's very challenging to push on when you're feeling yucky. It sounds like all your choices to the road to recovery are wise ones. I'm still in awe of all you shared with us in Tampa. Thank you SO much and pray you're feeling 100% soon.
    Debbie Darlington
    Orlando (Tampa class)
    ollieami@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. rest. do nothing else. just rest. sewing is not resting.
    imagine you have a mama or nanny with you, and do what they tell you - rest, child. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these quilts!

    sao in Midlothian, VA

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are tough ladies when quilting is involved...no cold or infections will keep us from guild meetings or quilting up a storm. Glad you are on the mend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Gorgeous quilts! You have some great sudents :o)
    Hope you will feel better soon, and back on track.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Bonnie! Glad to know you are on the mend, even slowly. In Canada, we are watching national curling, and it is customary to shake hands before and after the game as a show of sportsmanship and friendship! With viruses common in such large groups, curlers have taken to touching forearms with elbows bent, as a sign of not touching hands and thus transferring germs! I thought I would share as you always show your quilters a sign of friendship!
    Take care, Lay Low! Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tell the quilters to wrap their arms around themselves and consider themselves HUGGED! Big Healing hugs and thoughts from across the miles, Dear Bonnie! Drastically changing weather will get ya everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Meds and rest! Feel better soon. Cancel show if you have to. People will understand. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Take care, Bonnie. I don't know if the east coast bugs are as bad as the western ones, but this years colds have been awful and I feel your pain (just that mine is bronchitis and not ears). Enjoy some quiet sewing time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Get well soon! You will achieve that by resting and sleeping. No sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love them all! Some good quilters and absolute Hunter-ites in those photos!!

    Once again, it is amazing how colors and prints change the look of a pattern! Super great!

    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  19. Take care of yourself. Lots of hot tea. I've been battling same thing. Did I catch it over the computer? HA!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hang in there. You looked so 'swollen' the other day...I'll bet the antibiotics are kicking in by now. Be sure and drink lots of water with that stuff! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope your feeling better soon Miss Bonnie. I love the one that lo
    oks like the tatami mats, next leader and ender?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm fascinated by the tatami quilt pictured. I keep looking at it to try to figure it out. Just when I think I get it, I realize I don't! I can't wait to play with rectangles and see what happens...

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)