>>>>

Thursday, July 31, 2014

More Quilt Show & Share from Champaign!

20140724_190410-001
Show & share at guild meeting with the Illini County Stitchers, show & share during the classes, oodles and gobs of gorgeous quilts everywhere we turn!

The turn out for my lecture was awesome….and the quilts came and kept coming.  What a wonderful experience!

I started to consider the number of scraps that found homes, of the number of pieces, and number of yards of fabric given purpose –of miles of binding sewn!


Each one was just spectacular.

I’ll stop talking now and let the quilts do the talking for themselves.  I’m setting this up in a slide show because it would make the blog post way too long to post them individually.

Enjoy!

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device, you’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.
Show & Share, Champaign, IL 2014



It’s my “PACK EVERYTHING” day for England!  ONE MORE SLEEP!  Whoot!  This is such a huge dream for me.  My lineage on my dad’s side is all British Isles, and somehow I get this silly notion that my ancestors, wherever they are, are cheering that this girl is going back to her roots.

I will be taking as many photos as I can.  I will be connected through blog posts and facebook updates as often as I can – but it all depends on wifi and where I can get it, so if the blog has not been updated in a day or so, that is why!  I have not had the time to write posts ahead the way I did when I was in Bali.

England!  Oh my goodness!

Have a great Thursday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

13 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day of packing and of course your trip to England. I will be checking in to see what you are up to. Love travelling with you via your blog. Safe journeys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your pictures from England. I got to go there three different times and I'd love to go back. Hope you get to go to Warwick Castle, absolutely beautiful. And you'll love all the really old cemetaries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful trip! My family's roots are in England too. I'm looking forward to seeing it through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just went thru the slide show of the quilts in Champaign and want to thank you for posting them. Seeing the friendly Illinois faces again reminded me of what a great time I had there with all of them and with you too, of course. Have a wonderful time in England. Ta Ta for now. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hated to miss quilt cam last night but sure enjoyed it this morning while sewing! So glad you archive...thank you! Safe travels and have too much fun ok!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you have a good flight to England and that you enjoy your time over here. I especially hope you enjoy the V & A quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Bonnie,

    You'll love England.

    Checked your emails yet? I sent you one a couple of days ago.

    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:22 PM EDT

    Have a fabulous time in England. Was there in 2010 and wish I could go back again. Looking forward to seeing England thru your eyes.

    Also, seems like you are a big hit in Champaign. Lots of your patterns being made into beautiful quilts. That has to be thrilling for you!

    Beth from Peoria, IL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, Bonnie, on crossing off a bucket list dream. Have a great and safe time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely quilts. Could you tell me the name of the pattern on image (I think!) 44 of 49? It looks like a carpenter's star, has diamonds made of scrappy squares (of course) radiating out from center. Thanks! I did not see one under free patterns like that so wondered where or which book it is in. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rebecca, that's a split 9 patch which we had as leaders and enders last year. : ) Beautiful arrangement of those blocks, isn't it?!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)