>>>>

Monday, August 25, 2014

GF Retreat, Day 3!

20140825_071658
Sadie Behind Bars.  LOL!

It’s so funny to watch her come down spiral stairs.

It’s almost a bunny hop….hop the front feet down a step, hop the back feet down a step. Repeat as needed.  She’s got it down to a system!

But this is her look at me as I went immediately to the kitchen breakfast bar turned cutting station and started playing with the fabric…..MOM!  I need a walk!

Okay.  Fabric can wait.

It’s become a ritual that I dearly love….on go my running shoes, and on goes Sadie’s leash and off we go…up the road to the entrance to the woods.

20140825_072642

Where all the smells are!

Yesterday it was rainy and cool, today is supposed to remain in the 70s, but the humidity is up there pretty high.  This photo is about 7:30 this morning.  We hiked a couple of miles!   Not that there is anything to record it ---

Bad Bad Bonnie left her fitbit on the vanity at home.  Pfffftt!

20140825_075155-1

In between the hike and the writing of this post – I’ve cut strips!

20140825_081741

These have been run through the Accuquilt Studio with the 2.5” die

The pile in front goes into the string bucket!  There is really not a lot of waste when cutting strips.  Not any more than you would have with regular rotary cutting. I think the fabric waste comes when you try to do other shapes like circles, etc – and that would happen with regular cutting too.

20140825_082703

Oh Yeah!  Nice set of strips ready to go!

20140825_082834

And Tonya continues to sort fabric!

Our friend Lisa has to make a trip up to the quilt shop in Boone today – which means she has to pass us on her way back down to Winston-Salem, so I threw out a “Please stop by!” message to her.  There will be three at the cabin for just today, and we are still missing Siobhan!

Love from Buck Mountain!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

16 comments:

  1. sounds like fun! too bad sadie has to stay on a leash...can't she run free up there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Envy, envy, envy. Would love to be there doing THAT. Enjoy your retreat--you've earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh so much fun I would love to live close enough to have quilt day, You enjoy this time with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are having some great sew-y fun. That studio accuquilt cutter is going to have to go on my Christmas list!!!! It is so cool. And btw, I fixed my blogger profile for comments, thanks for the tutorial! You are so helpful when it comes to all things blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing your setup this week reminded me to order my IKEA lights. On their way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sewing with friends is so much fun! And you 2 have been so productive. Looking forward to sharing the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And to think, I actually had to MAKE strings for your class this summer :)
    Do you remember Scrooge McDuck, how he'd lay on his pile of coins and wiggle his legs in glee?
    I'm sure all we scrappy quilters here would be like that on that pile of strings
    Sharyn in Kalama

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and I learned a new word this week, as both a breast cancer and BAC lung cancer survivor in the last three years..and your bro having cancer this year...

    Sewvivor,, isn't that a great word?
    Sharyn in Kalama

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bonnie, I have an S5 and there is a pedometer on that. I think the program is S health and it seems to be pretty accurate. In fact, I am just heading out now with mine. It certainly isn't as handy as wearing a fitbit, but it does give you an idea of how far you have gone. Sherry

    swhalen944@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wondering minds want to know: Do you wear the fitbit all day? Or just while hiking/walking to get your 10,000 steps in?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaaauuuhhhhh!!!!!
    Beautiful dog pic
    Beautiful dog !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If it wasn't for Sadie having to walk ... you might never ever leave your fabrics and machine! She has a plan to help keep you walking and healthy. :)

    Oh that does look like a wonderful 'quilting mess'... wish I were there!

    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ms Sadie is such a cutie... So is the fabric sorting to get things in order or is she searching for something? I know she really wants to sew something!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Do you use your Acuquilt Studio just for strips or do you cut other shapes with it? Thinking about getting the Acuquilt Go. Any suggestions? Love to see your work. You are a great inspiration for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bonnie, your GF retreat time looks like so much fun! I really appreciate your Accuquilt Studio posts as I have just purchased one. I am teaching a Beginning Quilting Class and I am using it to cut 4.5 strips from 10 different fabrics to make into kits for my 4 students. The possibilities are endless with the strip dies.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)