>>>>

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Galaxy-Gram! A Morning without WiFi!

Technology is a good thing, and a bad thing!

Just returned from a long morning hike with Sadie and tried to upload of video to youtube only to find that wifi is not working at the cabin.

I may need to come back up later this week and have Wilkes telecommunications come out and see what the problem is, but for now I am going to just have to send this as a Galaxy-Gram!


I wanted to share a couple photos of a vintage quilt that lives up here.  This periwinkle star quilt was gifted to me, and I love the cheddar in it, of course!

I wonder about the life of had previously, there is a large patch in the center where a hole has covered up my machine applique in a whole bunch of vintage crazy patch to the top of the quilt.  I imagine it was still very useful and warm this way!

The fabrics date from the 1940s with some 1950s in there as far as I can tell. There are flower sacks and feed sacks and I love the striped binding.
We will be heading down the mountain this afternoon, and I may be back up tuesday if we can't get internet to work right.

I have friends coming to retreat and so at the cabin next weekend and I need things to be working when they get here!

But for today, it is a day to be unplugged and happily busy.


8 comments:

  1. So looking forward to your re-do of this quilt. I'm trying to see the block and figure it out.

    Enjoy your time up there! Don't worry about the WiFi.. yet :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:03 AM EDT

    I love this quilt! I hope you will get a chance to recreate it, or at least the block.

    You do a really good job of typing on your phone. Enjoy the rest of your time at the cabin.

    Brenda in VA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You miss us as much as we miss you! Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wondering - is the back of the quilt patched also? Or was the damage only to the top?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:31 PM EDT

    Surprisingly I like this quilt, there is just enough cheddar in it. Thanks for sharing. By the way, do you now a have a favorite tea that you can't do without. I'd love to give it a try, that's if its available in the US.
    Thanks again for all you share.
    Jean Farley, WI

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)