>>>>

Monday, August 11, 2014

Meeting, Greeting, and Chance Encounters!

20140809_103015
I love fabric.  I will always love fabric, and books and patterns and notions and quilts hanging at the show and all of the hustle and bustle ---

But the best thing by far was meeting people that I’ve known online for a long time!

Or folks that I’d heard of or read about but never dreamed about meeting.

And even better than that was running into people whom I already knew from the other side of the pond and getting to talk about things on THIS side of the pond and wasn’t it wonderful that we were all here together!


This is my first time meeting Lynette Anderson from Australia ---and I am such a huge fan!  Delightful to talk to, and I was tickled when she sent me a message asking if I would help her with a photo app for her phone.  We learn so much from each other and we learn quickly that no matter what other people think, we are just all small fish in a very big pond trying to make our way.

We are ALL people who basically just love to sew, love to quilt, love fabric and all that goes with it and wanting to share that passion with others!

Look who I ran into!

20140809_144427

Katy Jones from I’m a Ginger Monkey!

20140810_111156

Marti Michell from Atlanta, Georgia!

20140810_114532

Kay Bell from Scotland  at the APQS booth!

20140810_130701

Stuart Hillard!!

((Gotta love a guy in a pink gingham shirt!))

20140810_144940

The debonair Alex Vironelli!

bonniemarysue1

Mary Koval and my friend Lori’s friend Sue!

bonniepetramary1

Blurry with giggles…Me, Petra Prins and Mary Koval!

There is more to come, so much more to come, but I am running to catch a bus to Heathrow and headed HOME!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time was had by all! Safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a grand time! The quilt that grabbed my attention was the Royal Blue background which is in the background of the 7th photo shown above! Yummy!

    Safe travels and more fun
    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  3. can see you had a wonderful time, I did look out for you but there were so many there! Downloaded my photos yesterday so will e able to look back and relive the show, roll on next year I am ready to come back

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you were there! I looked hard all day but never spotted you. I did see two ladies from your Group, Elaine and Kathy and had a nice chat with them. They also said they hadn't seen you and even wondered if you had gone on another trip instead of visiting the Festival. Anyway, glad you had a good time. Hope your journey home went OK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie - if you have time and know who the designer of the quilt over your right shoulder is in the first photo, (the one with dogs), I would love to know so I could make it for my granddaughter. BTW, thanks for bringing us the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For Effie Collins
    http://www.littlequiltstore.com.au/shop/product/dogs-life-bom/
    I liked it too!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so Lucky to meet you on Sunday, and can vouch that you are even nicer than on your videos. Thanks for all your work and your shared inspiration.
    I would have needed 2 days to see everything properly.
    Pascale
    Pascale.philippe@ntlworld.com

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)