>>>>

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Two at Quilt Villa–Waiting for #3!

20140823_185859

Tonya and I are here at the cabin ((Along with Sadie!))  taking a break for dinner and a bit of computer checking as intermission to our fabric fun.

The only person we are missing is Siobhan, and our trio will be complete!

It’s been fun showing Tonya around my digs here, and I think she can get why I love it up here so much.  The quiet, the peaceful easy feeling…..yes, I’m about to break into an Eagles song here, showing my age!


While I’ve been busy sewing on the upcoming mystery, Tonya has been busy deboning shirts!

20140823_191306

Oh fun!! What can we make with these?

Is there anything better than a friend who WANTS to cut up shirts for you?  NOPE!

As for what I’ve been doing?  I can’t show you!

Photo: Happiness is Girlfriend Retreat Time at #quiltvilla!  Yes, I am hard at work on this year's new mystery that starts the day after our Thanksgiving here in the USA!  Watch for yardage and colors to be released in October! I just de-dog-eared eleventy bazillion units!  #quilt #quilting #patchwork #quiltville #bonniekhunter

But this is what was left after removing dog-ears!

Soon, very soon, I’ll be able to reveal the color version of this photo….I thought this was a fun way to share my progress with you.

20140823_185741-1

Dinner is just about ready!

This is the chicken taco soup concoction linked in the recipes tab at the top of the blog…..it’s really a “throw everything together” kind of recipe after cooking down the remains of left over roast chickens, carcasses and all in the crock pot.  The cabin is full of yummy smells!

I have a feeling we’ll be sewing late into the night hours tonight….can you hear the chatter and the laughter and the humming of machines?

Love from Quilt Villa --


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

19 comments:

  1. Yep, I can hear it and smell it! Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for the giggles at the heart shaped snips!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than sewing with girlfriends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to decide on a shirt project. I scored 4 shirts that were 5x and one that was a 7x at a church rummage sale last weekend. They were long sleeved too. That is a lot of fabric for a total of $1.00.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you and Tonya meet? Oh please, do tell...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the black and white heart photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great time. I met Tonya at our local quilt shop in Stuart, FL a few years ago...back when she lived in Palm Beach Gardens. Love her process for making letters.

    Can't wait for your reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun! I wish I was staying up late with all of you and sewing, too!! Keep posting all about your fun times together!!
    Happy sewing!
    Betsy D.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors of those shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:28 PM EDT

    Thinking the soup was great .... I just did a chicken taco soup about a month ago and it was great! Keep those ideas and finishes coming love to see the work!
    tonie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you have a little piece of heaven, eagerly awaiting the mystery quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So How was the tennis match?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like so much fun! I want to hear a report on the tennis match too. Any hexie smuggling? What did you wear?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I promise not to criticize, I just want to know if you worry about the shirts if they have a little poly in them?

    ReplyDelete
  14. You do know how to tease!! Love the b&w photos! So dramatic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Does Tonya hire out?!? I've been trying to get my shirt stash cut up and ready to use, but someone is sewing more shirts in the back of the closet faster than I am getting them cut apart!
    Then tonight while visiting my 20-something son, I couldn't keep my eyes of his plaid shirt--obviously 100% cotton. Lovely small plaid in R/W/B. I asked if he got rid of it soon if he would give it to me. He informed me that he just bought it last week. Oh, well, a person can hope. : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Been dehorning shirts to. Still got a few to do but nowhere near enough to make anything worthwhile yet. Happy sewing.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the heart made of scraps. Today I'm checking out if I'm a no blogger. Thanks for that too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know exactly the feeling of that "special place" in the world for a "quiet, peaceful feeling". My family has had a place at the lake for over 75 years, so I grew up at this retreat. (FYI - its a log cabin NOT house). This summer I have enjoyed the high-speed internet to keep up with your blog posts & travels. Some day I will manage to get into one of your classes, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous3:41 PM EDT

    Just wondering why Tonya has not blogged in a year ?

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)