>>>>

Friday, January 17, 2014

Showin’ and Sharin’ in Punta Gorda!

FL_Jan2014 017
 We had a few lovely show and shares during my workshops with the Peace River quilters and I want to share them with you!

Mary Ann brought in her partially completed Celtic Solstice top!  Her hubby has claimed this one for their bed, so she is going to biggie size it a bit to make it fit ---I just love that Celtic Solstice finishes are popping up all over!

It was a delight meeting Mary Ann in person as we had exchanged emails over the past few months.

FL_Jan2014 018

Another Celtic Solstice under way!

The quilter shown here has been such a joy to have in class the past couple of days –her hubby brought her down from Manitoba Canada as an anniversary gift so they could enjoy their anniversary in a sunnier, warmer place, and she could attend the workshops!  The guild was very excited to have her here, and even found a loaner sewing machine so she didn’t have to travel with one.  Don’t you just LOVE the quilter-spirit?

FL_Jan2014 019

Ohio Stars & Rails top ready for quilting!

The pattern for Ohio Stars & Rails is found under the free patterns tab HERE.

FL_Jan2014 020

A Boxy Stars just waiting for borders!

You will also find Boxy Stars under the free patterns tab!

FL_Jan2014 021

And a bed-sized Scrappy  Bargello just waiting for borders!

Yep, it’s another one from the free patterns tab ---so many ways to sew up the scraps!

FL_Jan2014 022

I love this simple 9 patch and hearts quilt out of recycled fabrics!

FL_Jan2014 024

But this little work-in-progress took the cake!

How cute is this?!?!?!

((Yes, I squealed!))

FL_Jan2014 023

Never leave home without your busy-basket!

Thank you so much ladies, for bringing your quilts to share with me!  I love it when you bring things to our workshops so we can learn more about you and see what you are making ---if I’m coming to visit you, remember to bring your show and share!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

You do not need a Facebook account to read the Facebook posts - They are viewable to all! Feel free to read & quilt along with us!

6 comments:

  1. It's lovely to see these beautiful tops come together. They really make me itch to get on with quilting. You are doing a great job in promoting our wonderful hobby. Thank you.
    Linda Hodges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful show and share from Punta Gorda! So many talented quilters I would not otherwise had the opportunity to "meet" Bonnie. Thank you for introducing us to each other through your great posts as you travel along our highways and byways. Hugs, Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the different quilts that people have worked on. Still working on Celtic Solstice. Step 5.

    When I used to visit my Mom in Port Charlotte, we used to go over to Fisherman's Wharf Shopping Center for a good seafood meal. Always had to stop in at the Salty Paws Shop for dogs and cats. You might find your dog something!

    Thanks for sharing your talent and patterns. Am immensely enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is nice to see all the Celtic Solstices popping up. I still have to get a good outside Picture of my top. Freezing Fog today in Washington State. I am de-junking my Quilt Zone this week. LOTS of Totes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful show and tell as usual. Such quilty goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, okay. I will use my scraps and crumbs. After looking over these pictures I have decided to never buy fabric again. I am smitten by all these gorgeous scrappy quilts. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)