>>>>

Sunday, December 09, 2012

The Rest of My Day ----

This is Emmy Lou.

Emmy Lou hasn’t moved all day.  I think she’s feeling as tired as I am.

I also took a long nap after Quilt-Cam was over, a much needed nap!

This evening I’ve been putzing around with a new design idea and cutting up scraps and kind of making a mess, but not feeling very motivated.  I think I should take a clue from Emmy Lou and just lay low!

I did however get the binding on my quilt – the first time putting a binding on with Bobby!

bindingbobby1

Sew, Bobby, Sew!

This 1950s brother is a regular old short shank machine.  So I popped a short shank walking foot on him and away I went…you can see my seam guide is placed right where I needed it to be too…I needed a 1/4” binding so I didn’t chop off the points of some of the piecing in the border.

I love white on navy polka dots!

There have been some things that I said I would do – like show a full out picture of my bow-tie quilt, but the weather has not been cooperating, and I can’t do it IN the house..it needs to be outside when the weather is nice.  Sooner or later that will happen, but hey, it’s December,  you know?

DH and I gave the True Sharp blade sharpener a whirl, and there is an upcoming post on that too….probably Tuesday.

I think I’ll be lazy tonight and just go to bed early ----

Remember tomorrow morning is the Mystery Monday Link-Up for Part 3 of Easy Street!

8 comments:

  1. Have a good nights rest Bonnie. Tomorrow is a new day with lots of possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been working on a bricks and stepping stones quilt. I just decided on the boarders with my hubby's help. I am so excited about how beautiful it is going to be. Only a quilter would understand. thanks for your patterns and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emmy Lou is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put your feet up and relax! IF you were in Minnesota, that would be the plan after dealing with the snow. vbg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get some rest...take a day off...breathe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emmy Lou sure fills up that bed.
    I have 4 cats and 6 beds. Macy is the "heat" stealer. She travels around making the current occupant move out so she can take their place for a bit. She does this all the time. All she has to do is stand near the victim and they move for her. What an Alpha cat she is.
    XOXOX Subee

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of quiltcam, but living on the opposite side of the world it does not seem possible. I also have a problem with downloading that app that seems to be necessary , sigh.
    have a lovely 2013

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)