>>>>

Sunday, February 02, 2014

Celtic Solstice Mystery Link-Up FINALE!

celticlogo250_thumb[1]
Happy Groundhog Day, everyone!

It’s too early for me to know if Punxsutawney Phil has seen his shadow or not, letting us know if Spring is on its way, or if winter will hold on for another 6 weeks ((Oh please, I hope not!!)) but I do know there are a lot of quilters who have kept the winter blahs at bay by sewing on their Celtic Solstice quilts through the holidays and on into January.

So many tops have been completed already – many are in the quilting process and the show and share has been wonderful.

I love this quilt…..and no it doesn’t matter which ways the pinwheels turn ((I was writing directions from memory at the house, while the quilt was up at the cabin….)) 

So MANY different variations have appeared as your own personalities show forth in your projects and I love each and every one of them.


Peggy1

This is Peggy’s Version with it’s delicious raspberry instead of orange.  Her blocks are turned inside out, pointing the chevrons the other way to create stars.  Isn’t it wonderful?

She writes:

I finished my Celtic Solstice top!  This is my second Bonnie mystery quilt. I also made Easy Street last year. I really love this quilt. Thank you so much for the pattern.
Peggy Record from Maine
And another from Rita, one of our Irish Quilters!

Iris1

Love what changes she has made!

Rita Writes:

Hi Bonnie,
I wanted to show you a photo of my just completed Celtic Solstice quilt top.  I wonder am I the only person from Ireland who has done it?  You can see that I added a couple of extra sashing strips and an extra pinwheel border.  They were the bonus triangles which I made into pinwheels as leaders and enders for the triangle in a square units. 
I have never done a mystery quilt before and I have to say I loved making this quilt every step of the way.  I have decided that it will be the quilt for our holiday home in Kerry. 
Bonnie,  I am a singer by profession (a quilter by compulsion, LOL) and one of the songs I am known for here in Ireland is a song called A Ghrian .  The ancient words come from the Isle of Barra in Scotland and the music was written by my husband Shaun Davey. 
I was looking at the translation of the English lyrics just now and it has made me decide that this is what I will call my quilt - A Ghrian which translates as 'to the sun'. 
I just thought I would quote the final verse because I believe (although I am not religious) that they are beautiful sentiments and I can't imagine sleeping under a more appropriately named quilt.
 
I am in hope,  in its proper time,
That the great and gracious God
Will not put out for me the light of grace
Even as thou dost leave me this night.


A sentiment I wish for you who are so good as to take the time and effort to create such beautiful quilts for us.
Is mise le meas (literal translation I, with respect 
Thank you, Rita!

I did a little searching and found Rita on Youtube! Beautiful!


 
And thanks to all of you for participating in this last Link-Up for Celtic Solstice, wherever your progress is at this point, please share!

Let's Link Up!

If you have never participated in a Link-Up before, the first thing I want you to do is to read the entire tutorial I wrote about Link-Ups HERE so you can know a few things before you dive in head first.

There is a lot of good information there that will help you understand things like WHY we need the address or URL of your individual specific post, not just your main blog address.  It will show you how to FIND the correct URL and link it correctly.

Remember, if you link to your main blog, and not the specific post I will have to delete your entry and have you try again because I can’t fix it for you.
To find the URL for the specific post, go to your blog and click on the title of the post you want to link.  Look in the address bar at the top of your browser.  The address of your post should end in .html  NOT .com!

PLEASE LEAVE OFF the http:// part at the beginning of your blog address when you fill in your info below . The form auto-adds that for you.   If I were linking, my address would start with Quiltville.blogspot.com/, not http://Quiltville.blogspot.com/

*NOTE* Your blog address does NOT include the @ symbol!  That's for email addresses only, and that won't work in the linky either!

Your blog must be view-able to ALL, not just a handful of people that you have invited.  If your blog is private, please don't link up.  It's frustrating to those who click to view and are told they can't.

You can link ANY progress of ANY step on any of the Link-Ups.  For instance, if we are on a Link-Up for part 4 – and you are just on part 1, you can still link that.  Just SHARE where you are!

In your post – PLEASE include a link back to THIS POST http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2014/02/celtic-solstice-mystery-link-up-finale.html not just to Quiltville.blogspot.com.  I post more than once a day, so if someone clicks a link on your page to just my main address – they likely won’t find the link-up. That will only take them to the most recent post on the blog.  They won't find any of the other links that people have taken time to place on this page.  It will be a dead end street for them.

Don't BE the DEAD END STREET!

Make your links (Both yours and mine) post specific.

New links can be added until Sunday, Feb 8th at 11:55pm EST.

Have at it, Peeps!  I’m anxious to see what you've been up to!  Thank you, Everyone for participating-- This has been the best Mystery Season ever, and yes, plans are already underway for NEXT November! I hope you’ll stick around, come back often to see what’s going on here, and definitely participate again.

Much love from Buck Mountain, NC --



Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!
You do not need a Facebook account to read the Facebook posts - They are viewable to all! Feel free to read & quilt along with us!

22 comments:

  1. Thanks for all your generosity in this mystery! This was my first mystery with you and I moved 4000 kilometres during it :) so I am a little behind at the moment! Still have clue 2 and 5 to complete, will still complete the quilt and hope to send you an email photo when finished! Maybe I will have a blog before your next mystery who knows. I just wanted to give you my heartfelt thanks and make sure you realise you are appreciated :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for another great mystery quilt Bonnie! I really enjoyed making this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my first Bonnie Hunter mystery... but it won't be the last!! I'm already working on the second; the one we started in Plano during Dec/Jan. I'm looking forward to the next BH mystery by saving every scrap and sorting them as I go. THANK YOU for your generosity. (Thanks too for sharing Iris' message. I looked up her song on YouTube and it's beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, thank you so much for this fabulous mystery! It kept me sewing and even though my borders are still missing, it is the farthest I have ever come with your mystery by final link up. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I linked my Set on my Flickr page this time. I loved making this quilt. I didn't have company during the Holidays except on Christmas so I had plenty of time to get it finished. I call mine Celtic Christmas Solstice. I hope to get it quilted sometime soon. Having machine troubles right now with my New-to-me Viking "Betsy". Maybe I should have named her "Betina".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, I love your designs because I like quilts with lots of little pieces sewn back together. I have 15 more blocks to complete of block 2 and then I can put them together..I am in love with my color variation, but think all the choices are beautiful when put together. Looking forward to your new book coming out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Bonnie for this mystery. This is my first! I have learned a lot but in quilting and cyber stuff. I am beginning a second one while I hand quilt my "king". I definitely will need to look into your other quilts. I very much enjoy following your blog and other connected to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here in the UK it's Candlemas day. The old farmers had a rhyme for Candlemas day.

    If Candlemas Day be fair and bright
    Winter will have another fight.
    If Candlemas Day brings cloud and rain
    Winter won't come again.

    If Candlemas Day be dry and fair
    The half of the Winter's to come and mair,
    If Candlemas Day be wet and foul,
    The half of the Winter's gone at Yule.

    It's been a nice bright winters day today so we still have some Winter to come.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely post! Thank you for another great mystery Bonnie. I've picked out my backing. Will work in the Irish hand towel from my Irish customer into it. All the tri-rec stars are done and I'm working on the other half of the chevron blocks today during this cold and rainy in Texas. Many warm hugs, Allison

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing Rita's note and music. What an unexpected treat. It is beautiful like this mystery quilt.

    Bonnie+++++Bonnie+++++Bonnie++++maybe we can do one more link up party for this mystery before you start your new one? I love seeing all these gorgeous quilts popping up in various sizes and colour variations. They are your "children". I will say it once more time: you write the very best instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow a great variety of beautiful quilts. Thanks for sharing the video. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for posting a link to Rita's beautiful singing. We members of TQS who frequent the forum there are already acquainted with her lovely voice...and she's quite a quilter, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Some how I missed the link that had the button for the finished quilt. I still have the green bear on my page. Can you direct me to the location where you put the code to copy. Thanks. I agree with everyone above. You are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such beautiful quilts. They are the same but so different at all. Thanks for sharing Rita's video. Beautiful quilt and voice. Thank you Bonnie for this wonderful quilt a very precious gift for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous9:23 PM EST

    They are all beautiful quilts! Great job to all! Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, Beautiful Quilts...Thank you so much Bonnie for a Fabulous Mystery 2013/14..Debra in Ma..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Bonnie,
    I've a question about your quilting: You wrote about an allover pattern, but what kind of thread, what color did you choose? Green oder neutral? Or maybee a variegated thread?

    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can tell a good quilt pattern when any color way works with it and one is just as beautiful as the other. Yellow Brick Road is another pattern that looks good all ways. Great job everyone! Love looking at beautiful quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had to get a BLOG post up and linked today. We got a few inches of snow and I couldn't resist taking a picture of my Mystery out there. The flickr account doesn't get the comments like a Blog post does. Thanks for this beautiful pattern.
    I love my Quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Each one of these quilts were a pleasure to see. I wish I had participated but couldn't justify starting another quilt till I finished the grandkids'. (2 finished, 1 in progress, and 2 on drawing board. Thank you for helping me to appreciate scrappy quilts.....

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have completed my Mystery Quilt at last...please feel free to check it out.
    http://pirangoespublic.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/celtic-mystery-completed.html

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)