>>>>

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Show & Share Wednesday!

showandtell1
Good morning from Tuscon!

I’m headed back over to the guild meeting place to present to the Tuscon Quilters guild MORNING group!  This guild is so big they have two meetings –the evening one on Tuesday night, and the morning group which meets today.  It promises to be a lot of fun!

I’ve had some lovely photos come in and I wanted to share them with you today –I love seeing photos of the quilts you’ve made from my books and patterns, so please keep them coming.

First up we have Linda!

She writes:

Hi Bonnie,
I was immediately in love with this pattern.  I made it in primarily purples for a grand daughter who is a "purple girl".  The scalloped edge makes it sew girly, and we all love it.
Thank you sew much for your fun quilt patterns, Quiltville, and just being you.
Linda G., from sunny Southern California
candy1

Linda’s Zuckerwatte or Cotton Candy Quilt from Scraps & Shirttails II!

This turned out so pretty, Linda, thanks for sharing!  What granddaughter wouldn't LOVE to have this quilt!

Linda B in VT has been busy working in the recycled scraps!  She writes:

Bonnie,
               While working on the Majestic Mountains from your book, this quilt kept telling me that it belonged to my husband’s good friend Vinny. 
Vinny and his son Jimmy work together and my hubby visits with them almost every day for coffee in the morning (it’s nice to be retired).  Vinny and Jimmy have been good to my husband which in turn means they are good to me. 
I told hubby that I wanted Vinny to have the quilt and I have another one already made for Jimmy.  I couldn’t believe how glad hubby was to gift these 2 quilts. 
Thank you for all you do.
LindaBee in VT

linda1
 
Vinny’s Virginia Bound from Scraps & Shirttails!
 
linda2
 
Jimmy’s Scrappy Mountain Majesties!
 
You will find the free pattern for Scrappy Mountain Majesties under the Free Patterns Tab at the top of the blog!
 
Linda, I am sure that Vinnie and Jimmy are thrilled with your quilts…these are gorgeous, and definitely have masculine-appeal with all the plaids and stripes!
 
Anne is also sharing her Scrappy Mountain Majesties Quilt in shades of red and tan:
 
annescrappymts1
 
Anne’s Mountains!
 
She writes:
 
Bonnie...
Just had to send you a pic of my newly finished Majestic Mountains..
I love red as  you can see...
Anne in TN
Perfect for Valentine’s day!  I am also very drawn to red, Anne, so you are in good company!
 
More Red?  Sure! why Not!
 
Elizabethrunner1
 
Eliabeth’s Talkin’ Turkey Bed Runner!
 
Why make the whole quilt?  Size it down to make a bed runner!  This is Elizabeth’s, and she writes:
 
Hi Bonnie,
I was in your class at the Quiltmaker Block Party in Portland last March.  I have finished my Talkin' Turkey quilt from String Fling.  Please see attached picture including our cat who found the quilt seconds after it hit the bed.  I made one row plus borders so I have a bed runner.  I have a busy life and while I would love to have made the entire quilt, the bed runner fit my schedule.
Thanks again for teaching and sharing your talents with the quilt world!
Elizabeth S


I love this idea!  And it sure turned out pretty!  Thanks for sharing the photo with us, Elizabeth – looks like the kitty is very content there too.
 
Dianne has been busy with Dancing 9-Patch!
 
diannedancing9s1
 
Beautiful Brights!
 
Dianne writes:
 
Bonnie, here is my Dancing 9s that was so much fun to make.  My 7 year old granddaughter helped picking pieces from my batik stash and I  see quilting in her future. The quilt is for her parents 10th anniversary...and is only a year and a half late!!  My friends at retreat last weekend were impressed with the pattern.  Thanks so much.
I love this in brights!  Cute cute cute cute!!!  You will find the free pattern for Dancing 9-Patch under the Free Patterns Tab at the top of the blog.
 
Kate is hooked on quilting with Leaders & Enders and has sent us four photos!
 
She writes:
 
Hello Bonnie!
Is it still snowing? Hope it’s warm at the cabin.  Know you are very busy but I just wanted to show you my leader ender finishes as I got two off the list this week! 
 
Kate1
Kate’s Maverick Stars Leader & Ender!
 
Kate2
 
Close up!  FUN!
A blue and cream wonky stars, and a charm reels/spools – each spool block has a different fabric from my scraps, I think there are 270. 
 
Kate3
Kate’s Spoolin Around!
 
Kate4
 
Close up!  Fun Scraps!
 
I’m going to make another spools one in blues and white. You can really double your output using these in-between units, such a great idea.  Looking forward to the next quilt cam, thanks for the last one, and thanks for everything you pass on to us through your blog.
Best wishes,
Kate
I just love these quilts, and seeing all the fun fabrics that she has used up in here.  You’ll find both the free pattern for Maverick Stars and the block tutorial for Spoolin Around under the free patterns tab at the top of the blog.
 
I’ve got more quilts to share, and we’ll do this again soon.  My ride is picking me up soon to head on over to the guild meeting and I’ve got to get a move on!
 
Have a great Wednesday, Everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!
You do not need a Facebook account to read the Facebook posts - They are viewable to all! Feel free to read & quilt along with us!

9 comments:

  1. Such fun quilts, thanks for taking the time to share all of these with us Bonnie! have a great time today, you always seem too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely colourful quilts. You are so kind giving the free patterns together with you hints and tips etc. I love seeing all your pictures. Thanks.
    Linda Hodges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with the morning meeting. When I left there they were just splitting it up to form the evening group. I think it is a great way not to have to limit membership. Enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BONNIE - you must feel so good seeing all of the great quilts you have inspired we Hunter-ites to make! Love each one, they are so individual. This can only be when quilts are scrappies!

    Thanks for the show.
    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, I SEW enjoyed seeing these beautiful works of art from the quilters like me that love and follow you. You are SEW generous with your patterns! I now own a couple of your books, and of course want for more. I am still working on my Celtic Solace quilt and doing leaders and enders for another. Enjoy your Trip! I am in SC and we are having an ICE storm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the show and tell. You inspire so many to make some beautiful work of art. Thanks for sharing, ladies! And thanks to you to, Bonnie! You're the best! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As always, beautiful show and tell. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your site is such an inspiration that I can't wait to go back to my quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Bonnie for the show and share each one brings a smile to my face. I am still working on ks Celtic Soltrice step 4 so a ways to go on it. Plus always playing with the leader and enders for future quilts. I don't know may be creating more ufos but I see productivity in them so someday I know they will become quilt parts. I love the blog and all the blessing you share best stress relief ever. Thanks again for all you are and I'm honored to be a Bonnie Hunterite.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)