>>>>

Saturday, November 22, 2014

My Blue Heaven Day in Lafayette, IN!

20141121_122658
It was a cool and crisp sunny 11 degrees outside as cars and vans, suvs and pickup trucks poured into the parking lot of Holy Trinity Lutheran church where our workshops with the Common Threads Quilt Guild of Lafayette, Indiana was being held.

It’s not easy to find a large space equipped with enough outlets and room for 48 quilters to spread out….this was PERFECT!

Of course, there are some rules….with 48 machines running, it is imperative to keep irons on different circuits and spread around the perimeter of the room so that we don’t trip anything and put the entire room into no-power distress!

I am happy to report that the power stayed on with no mishaps for the entire two days of 48 student workshops!  That’s no small feat – my kudos go to those in charge who worked tirelessly behind the scenes to make this event go off so smoothly.


Collage by Debra Kerns!

Yesterday’s workshop, My Blue Heaven, is a favorite for using up miles of 2.5” scrap strips and uses a couple of specialty rulers:  Easy Angle for half square triangles, Companion Angle for quarter square triangles, and the use of both rulers together for flying geese units.

We had SUCH a great time!

20141121_113617

Panning from the left side of the room to the right!

20141121_113624

Far right! 48 happy stitchers!

20141121_122758

Purple Heavens!

20141121_144651

Pink to Red Heavens!

20141121_150556

Turquoise/Purple!

20141121_151424

Great blocks!

It was a great day to spend in the warmth of the inside while the cold and the wind bit outside.

You will find the free pattern for My Blue Heaven under the Free Patterns tab at the top of the blog.

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slideshow on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.
20141121_172235-1

Indiana Sunset!

This is the sunset we caught last night as we were driving toward Indianapolis.  I stayed near the airport so I could take the airport shuttle at 5am for my 7am flight.

I’m on my way home!

2014 was an awesome year, and I wouldn’t have changed a thing about it.  We ended this travel year with a bang, and now I am looking forward to 6 weeks of home time before my 2015 gets off to an early start on Dec 29th.

There is lots of cabin time in my future.

There are quilts to piece, quilts to quilt, and quilts to bind.


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

12 comments:

  1. with as busy as you have been this year you deserve 6 weeks of rest and relaxation at the cabin and home -

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll see you in McKinney in Jan. I always look forward to
    starting the new year with Bonnie. Have a great time
    off. Enjoy your family and the holidays.
    Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a wonderful year. Enjoy your family and cabin time. I do have one question. I notice in the slideshow some of the ladies had a white table that they were cutting on. What is the name and where did they get those tables? Anybody know?? poladydwd(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Blue Heaven is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Deborah DeBerry - I've seen those tables in many stores, like Costco, Staples, etc. They fold up and are quite handy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your break! Can't wait for the new mystery and I'll be seeing you in Spokane in April! Very excited about that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was an absolutely fabulous day! I always learn something from you when I come to a class. Also the building was inviting and the food was fabulous Thank you shout out to all that helped set it up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bonnie, Thank you so much for the wonderful class on Friday. I enjoyed it so much. Please tell the guild what a great job they did. Everything was just terrific. Food, facility and friends. Look forward to GI and seeing what you are planning for 2015. I will see you in Indianapolis in 2018!
    P.S. when I tap the photo, I am getting an error on Google so can't see the class photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great time and the sunset was beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie, thank you for all you do. I always learn new things from you and the other ladies. You are a fabulous teacher and the sweetest person ever. Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make this class a success.
    Lafayette was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie,
    Thank you for sharing all of the wonderful pictures.
    I am getting really excited that this friday we get our first clue of your mystery quilt.

    Liz

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)