>>>>

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Quilting At Sea!

20141103_161853
Before I go into our class fun and photos, I want to take a moment to recognize November 11th as Veteran’s Day.

To those who have had Fathers, Grandfathers, Great-Grandfathers, Nephews, Sons, Daughters, Grandmothers, Mothers,Nieces, Sisters & Brothers, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and friends in service of Freedom, wherever you are from – These blocks are for you!

Actually, they were made by one of our cruisers who is taking her brother’s BDU’s and making him a Veterans quilt! Awesome with ALL the sauce!

It was not going to be done by today, but hopefully she got some time to work on it today, and I think it is such a wonderful way to capture the memory of time given in the service of our country and the hope and longing for freedom for generations to come.

Happy Veteran’s Day to our Veterans!  Happy Remembrance Day if you are from England, Australia, or anywhere that calls it by that name.

We salute you!

20141103_155337

Two girls from Alaska!

I hope they took some sunshine and warmth home with them!

20141103_160153

My Indiana Crazy Bunch!  SO much fun to spend the week with them all!


Of course I also had a great time teaching with this lovely lady, Kim Diehl!

20141104_161743

Oh Happy Blocks!

The pattern is Texas Tumbleweeds from my book MORE Adventures with Leaders & Enders.  Signed copies can be ordered by clicking HERE.

I know you will be bored with 4 posts from 4 separate, yet the same classes, so I am combining our workshops into one slide show below….

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.


As Veteran’s Day comes to a close,   It brings to mind this thought:

In August I was in London when this exhibit of red ceramic poppies in remembrance of World War I was going up around the Tower of London grounds. It was amazing then, it is beautifully heartbreaking today. Happy Veterans Day to our veterans and the families who also gave so much in their absence. 

Today the poppies are in my heart.

To read more about them, click HERE.

How did you do on your 5 minutes of Power Purging?  Photos to come in the morning!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

11 comments:

  1. Bonnie, Thank you for teaching this class. I really enjoyed every minute of it. It was wonderful spending a little time visiting with you. I hope to do it again in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie--you could post your grocery list and we would still read with fascination! :) Thanks for sharing your cruise with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:56 PM EST

    I purged an empty bobbin from my machine and replaced it with a new one so I could continue sewing a Quilt of Valor!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to see my friends Linda and Alex in your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great slide show. Silly question, but what is a BDU? Love that she used the camouflage fabric for the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fun and such a lovely photo of Linda and Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone is having so much fun. Thanks for sharing all your travels with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous9:34 AM EST

    http://treasurequilts.blogspot.com/ Look at all these beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome. You all looked like you were enjoying the moment. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the design of that Texas Tumbleweed block! Cool! Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terri in BC -- I believe BDU stands for Basic Duty Uniform. Not positive and my son isn't available to answer me right now. I do believe it's the uniform they wear every day.

    Bonnie, love the 5 min. purging idea. I'm going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)