>>>>

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wednesday in Roatan, Honduras!

20141105_065717
Wednesday morning ---up early as the sun began to rise over the horizon….

LAND!  After being at sea since Sunday afternoon, it was so nice to see LAND on Wednesday!

Here we are sailing into Roatan, Honduras – hitting somewhere I’d never been before.  Central America!

Located near the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef, the largest barrier reef in the Caribbean Sea (second largest worldwide after Australia's Great Barrier Reef), Roatan has become an important cruise ship and scuba diving destination in Honduras.

I had no idea what adventures would befall us this day…all I knew is that after two very bumpy churning days at sea, I was ready to disembark and go exploring!

**We interrupt this program here to remind EVERYONE that there IS Quilt-Cam tonight at 9pm EST!!  Bring that project, set that alarm, schedule the DVR to record everything else and come join me here on the blog for some fun sewing!**

20141105_075240

Roatan!

20141105_084810

“And everybody was Dancin’ in the Streets!”

20141105_085133

Yes, there is a Harley shop on Roatan!

20141105_115610

And there are birds….

20141105_121037

And Monkeys!

20141105_112850

And birds in trees!

((Keep your mouth closed while photographing UP!))

20141105_113713

And Iguanas!

20141105_105318

Everywhere!

All of the nature photos were taken at Gumbalimba Park, and our tour had a great time there!  If you visit Roatan and are looking for an easy going walking tour with lots to see – this is it!

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slideshow on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.
20141105_121803

The monkeys are tame, they get regular shots and love tourists.  One monkey ran off with a guys sun screen way to the top of the trees!  We were told to hold on to our hats and glasses and cameras….monkey cleptos at large!

20141105_084952

What a great day!  Hot, sweaty and humid ---time to hit the shower, AND another go round of the buffet!

So today – one week later ---

Since the post office is OPEN today ((closed yesterday)) I finally get to get all of the mail order off to the post office, make a visit to the chiropractor, the bank, all the usuals, and take time out for a massage this afternoon!  I saved my money and didn’t do it on the trip because I LIKE my home therapist and the price is much better.

The mystery quilt is past 1/2 way being quilted…wooot!  I have binding cut!  ((No, there will be no sneak previews other than the photo of the backing fabric I showed the other night!))

And because this post is already long enough, I am posting my 5 minute Power Purge results at NOON today – come back and see that later!

I can’t wait for Quilt-Cam tonight – we have a lot of catching up to do!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

7 comments:

  1. It looks like a fun stop, but I'm not sure I could let a monkey sit on my head. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:49 AM EST

    http://treasurequilts.blogspot.com/ Just had to post this so everyone can go see these photos of all these beautiful quilts made from your patterns. Amazing! Can't wait for Quilt Cam! Thanks Bonnie for all you do to keep quilting so much fun. Elaine P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing more photos with us of your trip. Love virtually traveling with you!

    I'm off work today and spending the entire day in my studio sewing and writing on my blog. You've inspired me with more then just quilting. I've been doing better about blogging as well.

    I will be sewing with you this week can't wait for quiltcam!

    Have a awsome day!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for making me smile this morning! That sure looks like it was a fun trip. I loved seeing all the animals in your pics. Thanks for another glimpse of our beautifully diverse planet. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You now can say you really did have a monkey on your back!

    HAve fun
    JUlieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEA, we guessed right on the Turquoise backign. You are quilting it now? WOW! That was fast. I just read you were working on the borders. I'll be watching tonight to see what you have to show us. I've missed my QuiltCAM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, do you quilt your own quilts on a long arm? What model do you have? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)