>>>>

Friday, November 21, 2014

Hello from Indiana!!

20141119_190512
What a whirlwind of activity has been going on here!

the quilters of the Common Threads Quilt Guild in Lafayette are sure showing me a good time!

We’ve had these dates on my calendar for at least 3 years and they have played it up and promoted and have taken care of every detail behind the scenes to make this the most fun event for everyone attending.

Even their facebook page has gotten into the spirit thanks to the silly giggliness of guild member Debra who has posted things in a count down fashion with images like this:


countdown4

Four days!

countdown3

3 days!

countdown2

2 days…hahaha!

And the best one of all:

countdown1

SO FUNNY!!!

audience1

Check out this audience!  They braved the cold and came in droves!

audience2

What a great evening!!

Yesterday’s workshop was just as fun.

We had 48 quilters with machines, fabric, notions, ipads, books, cameras and so much excitement.  Winter in Indiana is a thing to celebrate.  Baby, it’s cold outside and we are staying in and SEWING our brains out!

20141120_121921

Here to sew ALL DAY LONG!

20141120_121948

We are Quilters, Hear us Roar!!

20141120_122028

You gals are SO awesome!

20141120_151444

Our workshop?  Smith Mountain Morning from Scraps & Shirttails II!

Everyone got SO MUCH DONE despite the chatter, the visiting, the EATING and all of the laughter.  I’m so proud of each and every one of them!  This class involves the use of 4 different specialty rulers, so they were honing skills that they will now use on other quilts that come their way with these basic units!  We used the Easy Angle ruler for the half square triangles in the corners of the star blocks and the pinwheels in the center.  The Tri-Recs tools were used for the tall star points.

20141120_153447

The Companion Angle Ruler is used for the hour glass units in the center of the log blocks.

There were also something like 16 featherweights and 3 301s in attendance!  Vintage machine lovers were well represented amongst their modern contemporaries!

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.
One of our quilters asked the question “I wonder just how many here are also part of the Quiltville’s Open Studio Group on Facebook?”  So I grabbed the mic and asked….those who are in Open Studio, please stand up.  There were a ton of you present!  And we were meeting face to face for the first time.  How cool is that?

20141120_155639

Open Studio Group Photo!

20141120_155700

Getting Silly with it all!

What a terrific day.  And we will do it again today with another round of 48 students in a My Blue Heaven workshop.

Bring it on!  I’m ready!

If you missed yesterday’s 100 blocks by 100 designers blog hop post, you can find it HERE.  The drawing is open until Sunday Evening when I will draw our 3 lucky winners.

And even if you don’t want to enter, you need to check out the COMMENTS SECTION!  There are at last count 490 favorite holiday recipes posted there!  My mouth is watering and my tummy is rumbling just reading about your favorite recipes.  Tried and true, tested and recommended and family approved!  Visit the post just to check out those recipes!  These need to be archived so we can refer back to them again and again ---not sure how to index them, but at least they will be accessible under the recipes tab at the top of the blog.

Have a great Friday everyone!  You know what happens ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!?

GRAND ILLUSION!!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

10 comments:

  1. Oh it's so much fun! You are a great teacher! So positive, encouraging, fun and your tips help the blocks come together with ease and perfection!! Thank-you!!
    Thanks to the Common Thread Quilt guild, for opening up the classes to non-members, and providing wonderful lunches, and all the work behind the scenes! Quilters are the best, I've met some great ladies! Ready for my Blue Heaven workshop today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you are having! Those gals are so creative!

    GRAND ILLUSION time is almost here - YEAH!!!

    Thanks for all of the photos!


    sao in Midlothian, VA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane in Michigan8:11 AM EST

    Your meeting looks like so much fun. I can't wait until you come back to Michigan. In the meantime I'll keep reading the blog. watching Quiltcam and sewing. Thanks for all you do and all your encouragement.

    Diane51056@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Open Studio os great. When I knew I was foimg to be traveling to Kentucky last week, I asked for quilt store recommendations, and a. Quilter from the area volunteered to pick me up and take me to her favorite store. We had a lovely visit. Quilters are great!

    I can't wait til Bonnie.'s class here in May, and my SIL and I are goiing to Tuscany!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a great day. I wish it could have lasted a week. LOL! thanks again Bonnie for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:47 PM EST

    What a darling group of talented ladies! I think they remind me of my own guild friends in California! I felt right at home!! Lovely choice of fabrics and colors ladies. Please post to Bonnie when done so all can see Carolyn Barnett csbbobbin@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like fun Bonnie! I went to post a recipe on the 100 Blocks Giveaway: Flourless Chocolate Cake. Its a "no fail" fast chocolate fix. I think I'm comment #590! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to go shopping with those Lafayette ladies! They were showing the most beautiful fabrics and combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved seeing all the quilt joy and blocks in so many different colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was in your SMM class in Jan in Alabama and I love the quilt on my bed!@ It was such a fun pattern! Thank you. The pics are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)