>>>>

Monday, December 02, 2013

Celtic Solstice Mystery Monday Link-Up #1!

Here we go, what have we got to show?

Every year I look forward to our Mystery Monday Link-Up parties.  I love seeing what YOU have chosen and how your units are coming together.  It’s a fun way to get to know each other, and see what else is out there, who else is out there and make new friends!

If you have never participated in a Link-Up before, the first thing I want you to do is to read the entire tutorial I wrote about Link-Ups HERE so you can know a few things before you dive in head first.

There is a lot of good information there that will help you understand things like WHY we need the address or url of your individual specific post, not just your main blog address.  It will show you how to FIND the correct url and link it correctly.

Remember, if you link to your main blog, and not the specific post I will have to delete your entry and have you try again because I can’t fix it for you.

To find the url for the specific post, go to your blog and click on the title of the post you want to link.  Look in the address bar at the top of your browser.  The address of your post should end in .html  NOT .com!

PLEASE LEAVE OFF the http:// part at the beginning of your blog address when you fill in your info below . The form auto-adds that for you.   If I were linking, my address would start with Quiltville.blogspot.com/, not http://Quiltville.blogspot.com/

*NOTE* Your blog address does NOT include the @ symbol!  That's for email addresses only, and that won't work in the linky either!

Your blog must be view-able to ALL, not just a handful of people that you have invited.  If your blog is private, please don't link up.  It's frustrating to those who click to view and are told they can't.


You can link ANY progress of ANY step on any of the Link-Ups.  For instance, if we are on a Link-UP for part 4 – and you are just on part 1, you can still link that.  Just SHARE where you are!

In your post – please link back to THIS POST  http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2013/12/celtic-solstice-mystery-monday-link-up-1.html not just to Quiltville.blogspot.com.  I post more than once a day, so if someone clicks a link on your page to just my main address – they likely won’t find the link-up. That will only take them to the latest post on the blog.  They won't find any of the other links that people have placed on this page.  It will be a dead end street for them.  Make your link post specific.
New links can be added until Thursday Dec 5th at 11:55pm.  If you miss that link-up, just wait for the next Monday and link then.


Have at it, Peeps!  I’m anxious to see what you've been up to!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!
You do not need a Facebook account to read the Facebook posts - They are viewable to all! Feel free to read & quilt along with us!

28 comments:

  1. Wonderful start, everyone! I'll be doing this one later, so will enjoy everyone's progress here. (I thought for just a split second that Amy was working on a different quilt! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we are off!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like finding fabrics I have in my stash

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all look wonderfully colorful. Great to see them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What an impressive group you have here, Bonnie! I took the plunge and started my blog and think I have everything linked up properly. Thanks for the help with that! I want to figure out how to publish the Celtic Solstice Mystery button onto my blog. I will work on that later today. Must get back to piecing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie - thank you so much again for your free mystery quilt! It is absolutely amazing & so very generous of what you do for all of us!
    Hah, I am # 99 on your list - what a great echo (and hopefully it will make you forget about some of the very uncool email stuff happening).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing what everyone is doing! I don't have a blog, so I guess I can't share what I am doing. Hope to get more sewing done this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could get a flickr account and just upload your pictures there and then link them! :) I think that someone did it on here already! :)

      Delete
  8. It's great to see what everyone has already accomplished. Beautiful colours and so much variation. My hunt for Tri Recs has not yet been successful, so I've cut the triangles using a paper template taped to my normal ruler. Now I have to work out how to align them properly. I miss the little notches. Any suggestions anyone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabadashery #2 link has some photos of how she figured out the aligning without the notch :) Maybe they will help.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous4:03 PM EST

    Love everyone's colors! I was all excited to post my photos but guess it didn't sink in until the instructions were released that you have to have a Blog to post. I don't have the desire to have a Blog, so I will just enjoy what everyone else posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can also do flickr which is like a photobucket online where you can just upload your pictures ( no writing needed lol) :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Anonymous12:08 PM EST

      I did did upload to Flickr but don't know how to link them to this.

      Delete
    4. I just copy and paste my address for my blog have you tried that?

      Delete
    5. It can't just be your main blog address -- it needs to be the url for your specific post. Click the post title to find the correct url. The main blog address is not enough.

      Delete
    6. Anonymous3:40 PM EST

      Whimsical Mama - as I originally stated, I don't have a blog. So would love instructionso on how to post from Flickr. I am new to Flickr and don't know anything about it.

      Delete
  10. I am #125, but it shows a little red X in a box by my thumbnail photo. What am I doing wrong? I am using the correct address for the post and am using the correct address for my post on my blog. So what else is there? I am not doing too well technologically, apparently. I have really enjoyed reading blogs from those who posted their progress; the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think that shows for your own post because is is there on mine when I look

      Delete
    2. yep, no problem with the red x...

      Delete
  11. Oh my....
    There are so many quick sewers.
    Well done to you all.
    This is fantastic.
    I want to start mine now

    ReplyDelete
  12. They say that pride goeth before the fall.....well I THINK I actually have created a blog (lame as it might be compared to the rest of you....but it is a start!) AND did the "linky" thing to my completed first step. I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Why does my Linky pic have a red X by my name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon - - I believe it's because you have the authority to delete it if you wish.

      Delete
  14. Question: Are you guys going back and squaring up your blocks from part 1? I think it could be useful but I also don't really want to square up 200 blocks...seeking opinions...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you use a proper 1/4 inch seam allowance and the tri recs rulers your blocks will come out to a perfect 3 1/2 inches square. All you need to do is trim the little dog ears. The rulers are great!

      Delete
  15. Ginny Roland11:56 AM EST

    Love everyone's quilts! I will finish mine today but have not yet posted a photo. This is the first mystery quilt I have done so I am excited. Wish I had known that the points on each block did not have to match as it would have saved me time and I love the look. Next time!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)