>>>>

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Wrapping Up Salzburg!

Salzburg_2013 076-001
 Hey!  I’m home!

And I’m somewhat in my own time zone. I slept from midnight til a bit past 6am ---there will likely be a nap in my afternoon, and I’m perfectly okay with that.  It’s cold and foggy and pretty yuck outside, a good day for staying in and unpacking my suitcase and rediscovering my goodies!

I hope all of my travelers made it home safe as well.  We had a couple who extended their trips in Germany and Austria to meet up with family.

We had a few that were staying in New York a couple of days to join in the holiday festivities there.

We had a few who had cancelled flights and I hope they were able to get other flights and made it home ---I hope no one had to spend the night in the airport!

As for me ---I made my flight to Charlotte from JFK – and my flight from Charlotte to Greensboro was on time – my luggage arrived – it was completely non-eventful, the way I want it to be.

Today I’m moving slowly –what a FABULOUS trip we had!

If you would like to join me in 2014, we have a couple of options for you to chose from.  Coming up in August of 2014, We are taking a group to England for the Birmingham Quilt Festival!  On our itinerary  is London, Bath, Strattford upon Avon,  and Birmingham.  The itinerary will be found HERE. But notice that it is not accessible yet. It should be by the first of the year.

We are working on an add-on trip to SCOTLAND and when they get that info down the link will be made live, so stay tuned on that one.  England and Scotland have been on my bucket list for a long time, and I know you will want to join me!

If you are dreaming of more tropical destinations –think of joining us on a Western Caribbean cruise in November 2014!  It’s going to be a bang up blow out of a trip –you’ll be traveling with Mickey Depre and Myself teaching Ring Around the Hexies, you’ll get a day with Kim Diehl and woolie applique, and you’ll get another fab day with Pam Holland from Australia – all in ONE TRIP!  Our itinerary is linked under the Caribbean  Cruise tab at the top of the blog HERE.  You can even add on a side trip to the International Quilt Festival of Houston directly before the cruise if you've always wanted to go -- it's the perfect itinerary for doing both!

For further info contact Sew Many Places at info@sewmanyplaces.com

You've loved my pics and travelogues –come JOIN ME!

Salzburg_2013 234

We stayed in Salzburg until the sun went down and the lights came on!

We filled the day full and pulled as many memories out of it as we could!  The Christkindl Markets were one of the things we really wanted to experience – and every city has their own flavor and group of vendors.  Many of the items are handmade and ALL are different than what we find here in the states, giving Christmas in another country a whole different feeling. 

It really ignited my own Christmas Spirit as I see how things are done globally – how each country celebrates, making me feel part of THEIR traditions.

I’ve uploaded my Street Scenes of Salzburg into a long slide show below where you will find lovely city street scenes, Christkindl market scenes and impressions from my time spent walking the old town area of Salzburg, Austria.

No captions – and I wish I had some lovely Christmas music to play in the background for you, but you can put some on yourself while you are viewing.  Enjoy!

Click the image below if you can’t view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Salzburg, Austria Markets 2013
I have some photos of churches left from Salzburg that could do for one more post, so look forward to those later.

Planning on our next Quilt-Cam on Wednesday evening at 9pm EST. I hope you will be able to join me!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!
You do not need a Facebook account to read the Facebook posts - They are viewable to all! Feel free to read & quilt along with us!

17 comments:

  1. Welcome home, Bonnie! I am loving the picture with the wreaths on display and hope I can make my attempt to reproduce the wonderful color combinations for my own wreath.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooooo glad you are coming to England. Me & my friend go to Birmingham Festival of quilts every other year and 2014 is our next planned visit. I would so like to meet you and thank you personally for all your generosity to us quilters out there.

    Season's Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the wonderful photos. It is a different world, simple but so elegant.
    I am so glad you flight made it out of JFK. I love the history and all the wonderful walking that you do. I just found out that Chicago has a Christmas markt with lots of boths. Relax and enjoy your home and family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Bonnie and welcome home
    Thank you for posting your adventures. I so enjoy "traveling" with you.
    I had just posted on Mickey's page that collaboration celebration is one of my best memories of 2013 - I had not yet seen the cruise announcement - that sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely scenes, thanks for sharing them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping to make the cruise in November! Looks like a wonderfully fun trip and I feel the need for a good "run away" from home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you arrived home safely and without incident. The slideshow was a joy to watch. No doubt you will soon be back to your own routine and sewing!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Bonnie! What a fabulous trip...thank you for taking the time and sharing it with us. Beautiful pictures. Loved the ornaments! How do you decide what to bring home!?! Glad you're home safe & sound. Have a nice restful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Delighted to hear you are coming to England - I live less than an hour from Bath - it would be great to see you if you have anything planned when you're in my area

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for taking us along to Germany!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, amazing pictures! You are a really good photographer. What's the deal with all the locks on the fences? Now I'm really hungry for a cookie! :)
    Thanks for sharing your trip with all of us!
    Vickie in Cleveland

    ReplyDelete
  12. I truly enjoyed your wonderful slide show!! Thank you Bonnie!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful photos. What a great trip, I felt like I was there.
    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you made it home without incident, Bonnie!
    I read your blog every day and look forward to your postings... The photos are terrific!... You are a great photo journalist! :-)
    Working on Celtic Solstice, but Christmas has got in the way.... Time is not on my side!
    We are buried in snow here in Ontario, Canada!

    Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    Fran, a Fan!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous4:15 PM EST

    Hi Bonnie! Glad you made it home ok. Mom and I got home a few hours ago. We had such a fabulous trip with you, and I went in search of my hexie supplies as soon as I rested a bit.
    Cat Herder, the locks on the bridge are put there by lovers - they lock the lock onto the bridge fencing, then throw the key into the river hoping it will be lost at sea, so their hearts/love will never come unlocked!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous4:27 PM EST

    It would really be great to experience canoeing and kayaking in corryvreckan when summer comes. Before, I have gotten the chance to take corryvreckan cruising that was really amazing. I love the scenery.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)